Wednesday 7 May 2008

My Back hurts.....

My back hurts!

Seriously i just think pregnancy has its good and bad sides. And since i am very bored why not make a list of the advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages;

1. THE BUST SURELY WILL INCREASE (ISN'T THAT FAB?)
2. YOU CAN BECOME A VERY LAZY WIFE ON THE EXCUSE OF BEING TIRED.
3. YOU HAVE PEOPLE FALLING OVER TO ATTEND TO ALL YOUR NEEDS. (that's when u know your hubby can actually cook,hoover,wash and do all sorts)
4. YOU CAN AFFORD TO FINISH EATING WITHOUT WASHING YOUR HANDS AND THEN SLEEP OFF ON THE COUCH(heavenly i swear by it).

DISADVANTAGES:

1. OH MY WORLD, SOME WOMEN CAN GET SO SICK,ILL(WOTEVER) TO THE POINT OF ASKING GOD IF HAVING A BABY IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO ANY WOMAN!

2. BACK ACHE IS SURE,SOMETIMES THE THIGHS TOO. (URGH)

3. YOU GET THIS LOOK OF EEYA PELE WHEN YOU ARE WALKING ON THE STREET AND YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE ABOUT TO COLLAPSE.

Can't think of any more random disadvantage jare.

Ehen, you won't believe some people( i am not mentioning names o) are lobbying to become god parents for my baby. In my philanthropic nature I have decided that instead of having god mother and god father only, why not create my own list. So here it goes;

Chief godmother/father
Deputy godmother/father
Assistant godmother/father
and of cos finally god mother/father.

This way now there won't be fight at all. Vera(pls dnt tell her) even sent me $1000 dollars for the form which was on sale for $500 only o, so she can be godmother. Seeing that she is dead serious about this position I berra make her Chief godmother,who knows she might be a RANGE ROVER for the baby.

Ehen, didnt someone even say she was ready to give me ideas about names.
Please let the list flow, i am looking for posh names. All I have in my head now are names like Peaches,sunflower, hazelnut, dove e.t.c. Saw a Naija movie recently and the lead actress was called CHELSEA! The producer or the director of that movie should be shot I swear. Well thinking about it o on a lighter note I might just name my baby NOTTINGHAM.

29 comments:

Thirty + said...

So which post is higher, Godmother/Godfather or Chief Godmother/Chief Godfather.

We need explanation to avoid confusion and anxiety - lol

Eeya Kpele :)

omohemi Benson said...

congratulations sweets!
list of names from the top of my head,
Diekololaoluwa,
fehintioluwa,temidara,
and of course Omohemi
Omohemi- means a child is very valuable.

And please donot give into bribe, imagine if some*cough* people start bribing you now,if they become god parents, what will they teach the child?
especially that Vera sef,ehen, how many god children does she want to have?

temmy tayo said...

@30+: Chief gpdmother/father is the highest rank o. Are u intrested?

@Omohemi: Thanks hun for the names o,adding them to the list now. I truly love the meaning of your name.

Rinsola said...

How about Blogvillgodmother and blogville godfather? Well, to settle all those who wants to be godmother godfather, i would suggest having a poll (lol). Hope you'r doing great though? Stress urslef less, relax more and enjoy being pregnant. I have one great name and i feel so certain that you would love to give ur child that name. You want to know it?????????????? Nywayz take care of you and the baby.

aloted said...

lol..nawa for all these names o..peaches..hehehe..orisiri..lol

yah i know Rinsola can hook you up with some correct yoruba names...

pls take it easy o..preggie women should not be stressed!

temmy tayo said...

@Rinsola: good idea o, we go voting for the blogvillegodfther/mother in a few months.

@Aloted:I am trying to take things easy,BTW what is wrong with peaches?lol. Ok how about EVIAN(my fav bottled water)

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Na wa for women o!

aloted said...

nothing wrong with peaches o..lol...just different..

hmm Evian...ok no comments ;)

soul said...

Oluwasoul
Morounsoul
AyoSoul
AdeSoul
Soulkemi
MoreniSoulke
ObaSoul
BabaSoul
Soulbaba
IyaSoul

--These are all beaurriful names.
It is advisable that you chose one..
:)

Mimi said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww congrats!!!!!!! awwwwwwwwww!! sorry i like to gush :)

DiAmOnD hawk said...

ive always like Sierra :-)

am I missing something with the name Chelsea? is it that you think the name is ludicrous for a nigerian actress to have in a movie... or does the ludicrousness lie in the name itself

La Reine said...

Just dropping in to say 'hi hi'.
Takia

Unknown said...

Moi - Assistant Deputy Godmother.
Congratulations Temmy.

Unknown said...

Moi - Assistant Deputy Godmother.
Congratulations Temmy.

Unknown said...

Moi - Assistant Deputy Godmother.
Congratulations Temmy.

Rinsola said...

Just stopping by to say hi. Hope u'r resting enuff and hope the baby is kicking well? I haven't forgotten i need to send u the names. Lemme know when u'r reading. Take care and have a great week ahead.

Vera Ezimora said...

Which kin yeye peaches, sunflower & hazelnut??? Hazelnut ko groundnut ni. They all sound like hooker/stripper names... lol. Wat about Candy or Caramel? LOL. Maybe Ebony sef. Don't think of it o!!!

And uhm, whichever position is higher in the godmother ranking...me I want it. Wat about Blogger godmother??

Anyway, Congrats again. Sorry about the aches. Need me 2 rub ur back?? *wink, wink*

sleekiest said...

Oui!! You talking to me?? Ok, what name should we give o...
I like Eyitayo, Oluwaseni, Babalola (I have a gift of telling the sex of a baby by the way the mum writes... or maybe I just like boys!)
Pele abt d backaches..

sleekiest said...

Oh, it just struck me dt you may not be razz like me.. I'll get back to you on English names...

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I like cherry or strawberry for a girl and Im still thinking for a name for a boy.. lol.. how are you sweets, sorry about not getting back to you, mehnnn wedding planning is hard.. thank God I no longer have to do it again..lol.. my sister and friend are taking care of it, and my sisterinlaw mehn its good to have exceptional peopl like them take care ot it.. Im feeling much better now.. how have you been?

Vera Ezimora said...

Sorry love. R u feeling berra yet?

Unknown said...

LOL

Vera Ezimora said...

Haba! Update already

Tolulope Popoola said...

Congrats Temmy! Awww pele dear hope you are not too stressed. Take full advantage of the benefits before the little darling is born :-)

On baby names, can I suggest Favour (or the Yoruba equivalent)*wink*

Daddy's Girl said...

Congras girl! Didn't know you were still blogging, just stopped by on a whim and I'm really excited to hear the news!
Gosh, I can still remember when we talked on the phone just after your engagement - time does fly! As for name, I always think parents should wait until the baby is born and then look at him/her very well before naming so as to capture some of the baby's distinctiveness and unique aura - LOL, silly idea I know! Good luck with everything dear, I'm sure you will choose the perfect name for your beautiful baby. All the best with the pregnancy and do enjoy the pampering to the max - you are blessed to have a man who gives that to you because many hubbies do not... but dat one na anoda tori.

BlogVille Idol said...

hey blogville idol 08 is back!check our blog for more details!tanx

Vera Ezimora said...

Babe, update oo! If I have to come here again, you'll be sorry

Thirty + said...

Hello mama pikin how body

O ma ti se die ke

Oya update o

Vera Ezimora said...

UPDATE!!

UPDATE!!!

UPDATE!!!!