Sunday 27 April 2008

Part 2(lack of what to use as title)

So I was practically dragged to the hospital by hubby and I was told to finish the biggest bottle of RAGOLIS water cos I have to go for a scan to see what is wrong with bloated tummy. Aight, yours truly sat in the hospital lobby,sipping my water and getting nervous. By the time I finished I was about to burst with pressure on my bladder.

Walked in like I was walking on egg shells into the scan room,the doctor then started all the usual stuff of pouring the gel on my tummy and then doing stuff..... considering that i couldn't see what he was doing I just entertained myself with his grumblings. He later told me after about 15 minutes that I am fine, he didn't see anything and that my monthly period should be coming in a few days.

THANK GOD, I MOUTHED AS I RAN INTO THE LOO.

So to all of you over sabi bloggers that left comment, it wasn't PREGNANCY O. I continued with job hunt and after a while, hubby and I decided(better still hubby alone sef) decided I should go back to the UK cos I was frustrating him with all my whining every minute as per being idle. Initially, I was so looking forward to going back to the UK cos that means, there is always going to be light at least. NEPA can so show themselves in Naija, can you just imagine going for 3 days without light?? Wicked people.
Left for the UK, i need not tell you how much I cried at the airport. I seriously wanted to back out at the last minute but I wasn't sure boo was going to be chuffed to have wasted that much money on ticket. OK,London here I come.

Still feeling sicky sicky,went to see my GP 2 days after I got into the UK and voila the news:

G.P: when was your last menstrual period?
Temmy: I can't remember cos I don't keep tabs.
(G.P grumbling,probably thinking I am daft not to keep tabs in this jet age,but whatever G.P!)
G.P: I need you to conduct a pregnancy test before you leave so I'd know what to treat you for.
Temmy: uh,ok, fine.

10 minutes after,the lines were blue,so blue as a matter of fact REALLY BLUE. She is preggie.

Dunno if to curse the stupid doctor in naija that said I wasn't?
Dunno if I am really excited.
Dunno if I am truly ready for this.
Dunno, dunno, dunno

That sounded like a silly nursery rhyme doesn't it.

Trust me now, I cry for anything. I cried while thanking God but I didn't forget to ask Him why now cos I was so careful. I wanted to get a job first in Naija before starting a family. Guess He knows better.

Lord I thank you for your unfailing and unending love.

Now I can hear you sneer *we were right all along*
LOL (rolling eyes and shutting down blog)

28 comments:

yayi said...

LMAO.....its good news for me. My darling godson......here you come!!!

temmy tayo said...

@Yayi:godson ke? Why not a god daughter, girls are so cute. We can dress her up in pink frilly things if u knw what i mean.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Oluwaseun....

okay... i just had to use that in there....

Thank God for everything...

TEMMY and O.. sitting in a tree
k-i-s-s-i-n-g
first comes Love (we've witnessed that)
then comes marriage (Glory be to God)
then comes baby in the baby carriage!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS

temmy tayo said...

@Diamond hawk: I bless God, was it not a litle less than a year ago that i was kissing boo?

Time flies........and THANK YOU.

Yankeenaijababe said...

Aww.....temitayo, thanks for stopping by my blog. U know I missed ya. Congrats on the baby thingy.Naija hard sha from ya stories. Life no easy o for home. Miss ya.

Rinsola said...

Congratulations on the great news. Now it's time for extra pampering, get enuff rest, eat well, keep away from anything strenuous and commit the whole episode to Gods' hands. Once again congratulations!

sleekiest said...

Huh!!??!
That was a no-brainer...
Congrats!!! You should consult me on the recommended names for your twins.. I'm good with dt

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

congrats babes, i knew all along jare, in fact oya let me start thinking up names for you, i will give u a list. lol!!!

Thirty + said...

Congratulations TemmyTayo

Yes you are right God knows best and he knows the perfect time

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

lol......your story really got be laughing in my office. Thank God Im not being watched.

Yesoooooooooo, God is faithful. Erm, Erm, application to be Godparent? you know my credentials abi... I look good on paper..lol..

How have you been girl. I will be in the UK on the 6th of May. So If I dont call you before I leave will call then. Hope you've been tyaking good care of yaself..

soul said...

:) Grin...
and to think people were encouraging you to start fighting for one useless boy who didn't know his ass from his elbows.

Temmytayo.. Welldone.

zaiprincesa said...

awwwww...CONGRATULATIONS TEMMYT!!!!

aloted said...

welcome back and congrats on the pregnancy :)

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Sis mii *somersaults*

Im the offiial e-Godmother o, no one but me.

Im so happy for you!

lol@scan,jokers.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Kai! I just asked if you were preggers on FB. Then i thot to come to your blog. What did u expect, ehn? Aunty mi, u were idle, so that u are pregnant shouldn't come as a surprise. But Mr. Sho, una well done o. Fast, fast my egbon don ... Thank God and i am happy for you, Temmy. Regardless of anything, baby is coming and u are going to be a fabulous mum. Take care of u and pls no more indomie and coke or is it malt. Na wa for naija dokitas o, some of them are just so incompetent!

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

By the way sef, that was how 3 yrs ago my aunt was preggers to o, going into the 3rd month, na so she went to dokita, and dokita say she had fibroids. Imagine o??? What kind of doctor is that, that doesn't know the difference btwn a fetus and fibroids. Thank God she decided to seek another dr's opinion and didn't let the 1st olodo dr. perform surgery on her to remove the "fibroid."

SapphireAster said...

lol @ rolling eyes and shutting down blog!
CONGRATULATIONS MOMMA!

Writefreak said...

LMAO! I knew it as i started reading the post!

I guess congratulations are in order! Take care of yourself Mrs!

Smoothvibes said...

LMAO temmy!... Of course You can't see anything from a "sonogram" that early! ( which is what I think naija doctor did)

Congrats on the lil one! Enjoy bonding, and have a safe delivery :)

Demi said...

Okay, I didn't bother finishing your last post as I was really excited about the prospect of being an aunt again and finally using that Oja that has been gathering dust in my wardrobe. How dare you do this to me? You better go back in there and tell that doctor to find the baby now or else! What? what has my in-law been doing all these months? Still treating you like oyinbo girl?

Temmy, thanks a million o. I envisioned the baby shower cake already! I planned to make baby in a pram! I was gonna start working on it now! I had the whole thing planned in my head and now this??? You better go back in there and get the photo o. I am not buying this he didn't see anything in there thing. You are feebing!"!!!!!!

Demi said...

Ermm...sorry for being melodramatic earlier...I have now finished reading and erm...I knew it ke! I knew our baby was on the way ke! I have a God who never fails! Yes ke!

Anyway, I will bring the oja out and put it in the wash tonight.

So, I'm making the baby shower cake o. And i will start hunting for the aso ebi and all...

Congrats Hun, this is indeed music to my ears. May God abide with you and see you through and at the end of 9months, we will celebrate with you and my in-law. Amen.

ChiefO said...

I have first pick on being blogger godparent. i knew vera sees things but i didnt know she was this accurate. but anyway congratulations! i am the blogger godfather to be.


NOTE TO SELF: all i need vera to figure out next is the mega million winning lottery numbers. i need to call her ASAP. it currently stands at $120mil i'll wait till it gets up to about $300 b4 i have vera do her magic.

temmy tayo said...

@yankeenaijachic: Thanks hun

@Rinsola:you sound just like my mum, thanks babes.

@Sleekand catty:start sending the names ASAP.

@36:bring it on my dear.

@30: Thanks a bunch. God knows best.

temmy tayo said...

@everyone: thanks a lot o, i am overwhelmed, i hope i get a car from blog world when baby arrives.

@Desola: my love, u r God sent. Please plan baby shower,so we can eat cate. BTW i don't like chocolate cake o.

@ChiefO:God parents are already paying for application form. U berra hurry. £500 pere.

temmy tayo said...

@Soul:thanks my dear,how are you. You never cease to amuse me babes. I promised to name baby OLUWASOUL. I have not forgotten o.

teecity said...

CONGRATS LUV...........u takia of urself ok.

Unknown said...

I'm reading this with a smile on my face. Drama Queen! Congratulations! I'm sure you're back to Naija now?

Vera Ezimora said...

Ah ah! How is it that I did not know you updated? Kai. I'm mad right now ooo.

But congrats, babe!! Awwwwww....can I be the blogger godmother?? Pretty please???

I'm off to read your most recent post.