Friday 1 June 2007

My Self

My full name abi??
I know say you go wan know.... Anyways I am Temmytayo Abimbola Omo Mr and Mrs A.
I was born 28 years ago( yeah, I know I am ancient:my cousin's way of describing people over 25). I started school early enough to leave at age 9. Entered secondary school at 10 years and of cos using 36' s words i was bloody flat chested. Not that it really mattered then anyways, I didn't even know the shakara I could do with breasts. They decided to come out when I was in SSS 1. Imagine that.

I am quite brilliant, well I need to blow my own trumpet now. I had double promotion in primary School, was the best student in my secondary for 3 years running(until i started to read mills and boon). Was the best french speaker/student in Oyo State in 1997. I cannot say'' sit down'' in french anymore, where all the francais went to, na only God know.

I hate any form of calcualtion. How I ended up with a degree in Economics I am sure you will wonder. Left Economics for Marketing. It is too sure I might end up a maths lecturer in the next 10 years.

Temmy can TALK!
Temmy is a shoe freak.
Not so much a bag person, I can carry 1 bag for a whole year without any stress.

I had my first boyfriend in University, can you imagine, when my some of my friends lost their ''chastity'' at age 15! I guess because chest was flat, the boys were not that attracted, maybe not. It is too late to find out now.

University for me was fun, I was every body's friend. Cute body, a bum to die for, well to sum it up beauty and brains(I hope Delilah 3 will not get to read this, she thinks she is the one with both qualities).

Oh, I met my Ex at uni, we all know the story.

During my NYSC, I had a huge crush on Akinwale the man with the cat eyes.

I grew up to love cars...
Right now I can trade Mr O for the latest RANGE ROVER!
I have never been a food fan, maybe that is why I still remain a size 6.
I am a hopeless romantic, that accounts for why I have watched ''There's something about Mary like a thousand times''. As for Maid in Manhattan, I can repeat the lines after J.Lo.

I used to think that I like music until Omotola and Genevieve released or rather ''waxed'' their own albums o. If we all call that music then...... (No beef intended o)

My Family:

What can I say: Ma famille est fantastique!

4 gals and a boy. The funniest family you can ever think of, we make a joke out of everything under the sun. My sisters are best described as chaotic 3.
We call my father CHAIRMAN.
Yeepa, my mama ! She is called chair girl or call her by her first name: flaky baby.

I remember those days when she used to punish us, corporal punishment. My mum can throw anything at you when she is angry. She once beat me with hot orogun(the stick) she removed from the amala she was making for our lunch. I had the mark on my back for a long time. There was a time in my life I thought it wasn't possible she actually gave birth to me. I guess old age has taken all the excess energy away from her. I still love her tho.

And oh, Indian films.... Then I used to stay up till 12am to watch Indian films on BCOS. Those days of Amar, Akbar and Anthony. With every one I watched, I must cry.

As a matter of fact when it comes to crying, Stella Damasus can't beat me o. I cry for anything, cry at weddings, burials, birthdays, a lovey dovey text can make me cry, when my once upon a time very good friend betrayed friendship, I cried, no I wailed loudly.

I have known Wildcat all my life, thank God we now live in different countries. The things we did.......................... Story for another day. She is a better story teller, will tell her to.

There was a time I was obsessed about English names, I gave myself Michelle. Ask me the reason, I don't know.

And on, I am a very shy person o. When I tell people that I like staying indoors, dem no know say the reason na because I no dey like to be in a crowd. I thought I had gotten over it until this April in Lagos. Mr O begged and begged for like 4 days to take me to the cinema. I kept saying NO, in my heart ehn, I'd rather be with him somewhere quiet than to be in the midst of plenty unknown faces who of course are minding their own businesses o. That is just me.

There are 3 important men in my life: My father, my brother and Mr O. The 3 of them can be so annoying o but what can I do?

T Minx: I didn't get your sms.


And eh, it's a new MONTH.

I pray it brings us all joy untold.

42 comments:

Simply Gorgeous said...

OK Temmy. I am first! You have to be one of the funniest people. i know. I thought my mother is bad. We call her Mad Cobra for a reason. She picks up anything to beat u, slipper, vacuum cleaner insert, the back of a knife. Anything that is in strking distance.

I was a late bloomer also. Excellent read...

Unknown said...

Lovely Post - I loved those indian films too.

Unknown said...

Chei!! Simply Gorgeous!! I wish I hadnt read the post so leisurely and had staked my claim first. You beat me to it!! LOL!!

temmy tayo said...

@SG: Chei, my mum and urs must be related.

Will send you a cake jare later in the month for coming first today!

@CG: Eeya, sorry jare. I still love Amitabh.

Yankeenaijababe said...

Temmytayo, that's so cute............awww. Eh yah!!! l love that post. So, you love cars. NA wa o!!! Girl of nowadays. lol

Yankeenaijababe said...

If you love cars, wetin hubby go like.lol

LondonBuki said...

Yo Yo Yo Michelle!!! What's crackalacking? LOL!!!

My favourite Indian movie is Ghazab :-)

You will trade Mr O for a Range Rover ke?

Michelle, mind yourself o!

Take care and speak soon.

Funmi said...

Temmy dearest thanks for the msgs on my blog. I am fine o, i have just become extremely lazy with my blog. That will change in a few days though. Hope u are keeping well. Take care of yourself

Admin UD said...

Interesting, and may i ask if those chests(b-bb-b-brr...) are out now...lol!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

oh wow... so many similarities here... from the age/school thing to ur english name... that's the name i used o... then my french name was "veronique"... but I do know how to say "sit down" and some other stuff in french still

Ms. Catwalq said...

Dang! And I was stalking this blog to be the first.
Brb!
Dang

Ms. Catwalq said...

1. I believe that all Naija mothers went to school for lessons on how to beat their kids. I have been the recipient of omorogun, twisted wire, rulers (those cheap yellow ones as well as my fathers metal engineering scales...they both taught at the university level), coconut, efo stalks, slippers, heeled shoes etc-you-name-it discipline. I was a "special" child.
My father is Bambeshi cos his name is Bashiru, Mum is Yeye and to me my brother is either "Ehs You" or "Mushueshue" depending on my mood.
I will not go into how much I love Bollywood films. If I did, my comment will be longer than your blog. Amitabh is still sexy but you need to check out the works of Amir Khan, Ajay Devgan, Vivek Oberoi, Aftab Shivadsani. I will recommend three movies for you: Black (Director: Sanjay Leela Bhansali), Earth (Director: Deepak Mehta) and Devdas (Sanjay Leela Bhansali)
Rishi Kappor, the youngest brother in Amar Akbar Anthony is now fat.

Smoothvibes said...

Aaaaw... I love this post. Getting to know Temi A.

"Was the best french speaker/student in Oyo State in 1997".... You went to School in Oyo?

temmy tayo said...

@YankeeNaijaChic: Mr O is a car freak, he has named the latest ranger rover TEMMY.

@LB: No mind me jare, but the ranger rover can buy me a man o.

@Funmi: thank God i was really worried about you.

@UG: they are out o. Take a peek.lol Mr O will kill u.

@Diamond: Veronique is yah name from today.

@Catwalq: Pele mon dearie. Mothers are just something else. Ruler ke? Snd Engineering tools????

@Smoothvibes: I had my sec school in Oyo state.

Cheetarah said...

We call my dad Chairman 2!lol! Im lovin this getting to know u sturvees, tanx for letting me know about spiderman 3 like after the punishment, u and simply owe me!

I had a massive chest by the time i was 14, I hated it coz it just appeared and I was such a boy so didnt know what to do!
Amitah bacha was the man back den, did u ever watch caravan? some times I think we imagined it in my house coz no1 noes wot im on about!

exschoolnerd said...

Hmm..i really njoyed this post...will be back.

Vera Ezimora said...

Temmy Baby,

Here's what I see we have in common so far. I absolutely love Range Rovers!! In fact, I have already claimed it as my future SUV. I have a picture of a Range Rover taped on my wall...I just love looking @ it; it makes me wanna write this book faster...so I can quickly buy one for myself. I even went as far as requesting a catalogue, which they sent already, of course. They (Range Rover people) even invited me over to test-drive but I can't go because I'm too shy. What will I say when they ask about my income?? LOL. My entire bank account will not pay the first car note. LOL. But I believe....

I'm a crier too babe. You don't wanna watch an Indian movie with me o. It gets pretty damn bad. You'd think I just lost my bestfriend. Likewise, I cry for the silliest things: commercials, songs (even Faze's 'letter to my brother' and 2Face's 'See Me So' - don't ask me why I cried for them), movies, etc. I'm a walking cloud...waiting to pour down the rain.

Uhm...don't remember what else I wanted 2 say jo.

Enjoy Naija. You should email me your number if you wanna (London & Naija). Perhaps, we could go to the next level with our relationship. If you wanna, of course.

Adios. Happy wedding/marriage to your sis.

classybabe said...

I used to love Indian films but not anymore.I can see you are reading "He Is Not Just That Into You",it's a cool book,had a post about it.

? said...

great post and thanks for sharing and for stopping by. Well, just wanted to say that going by the general consensus, i think ill be hanging on in blogsville for much longer although ill be heading to Nigeria in a week. Its so hard to keep away from you guys. btw: what makes you think your cousin isn't the one thinking anciently? lol :)

ExcitedJade said...

R we twins?

BiMbyLaDs** said...

whish kin ABIMBOLA.. wo stop it o, thats my name, ANOTHER ONE IS A COUNTERFEIT/... stick to michelle... shogbo..

lovely post, your such a lovely person!

BiMbyLaDs** said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
omohemi Benson said...

You shy?
I can't believe it!
Where did all french go?
We get some similarities o!, my breast didnot come out properly until I was 16, had my 1st& only bloke so far in the uni. I hate ALL forms of calculations!
I have very funny silblings, we call our mom "Thacter" dad "bobo or Saddam".
Enough about me,I was suppose to comment! lol

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Awww nice, and what happened to your french, lololol. Have a great week sis mi.

TMinx said...

Damn Telia network. I will use my Nigerian phone :).

Uzo said...

I think most Naija moms are like yours - or were like yours when they were younger...LOL

chidi said...

AMEN! i pray that this month will give all of us untold joy!

naijabelle said...

Too many shoe ladies in the house.Interesting stuff about u!

naijabelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teva said...

waoh, na wa all in the name of love...
I'm glad u love my song.

Allied said...

lol.. with this description and proclamation of yourself, We just have to Like you

Anonymous said...

damn those mills and boons!they did the same to me(lol)..anywayz girl pls check out my page or miss okpeke's page on the upcoming blogville idol contest...Will u be interested?pls say yes!we just trying to spice up stuff on blogville....

Anonymous said...

hey temmy tayo tanx for stooping by...yeah check my current post for d koko of the whole thing!tanx gal

Diva-sta said...

ma mother does dat as well...im convinced im adopted loolz nice blog very funny xx

Jamilah said...

lol.................. michellin...hahahah,mine was julie..lol

ave a nice day..i honestly wanna commenbt on somethings but i don forget...lol, too lazy to go nack and read...great post

Yankeenaijababe said...

Temmytayo mi, wetin de sele? When are you getting married o jare...............later o.Nice write up.

Demi said...

I love Temi, I really do. To me, she's like my best friend, yet I haven't met her. I love you Temmy!

temmy tayo said...

@yankeenaijachic: soon by God;s grace.

@Desola: I cant access ur blog o, chic warris happening.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Are you sure we are not related, everything you listed sounded like my sister miss UC..LOl..gosh what detail descriptions, but Im confused again..how comes Mr O is importante in your life but you will trade him for range over, nne, mind yourself very very well.

Very insightful post.

Stay blessed, and take as much time as ytou want..ehe, biko send me your number in nigeria, eeh yes, I want to call you..LOL..

Dimples said...

Lovely insight on you!!!..Getting to know u...getting to know more about u...ok let me stop I have taken my happy pill this morning.

BlogVille Idol said...

BLOGVILLE IDOL

Hey guys as you know the BLOGVILE IDOL CONTEST Would be kicking off on 11th JUNE 2007...Please help us make it a succes by participating..We already have our contestants(fellow bloggers)who would be singing in the voice comment player on the blogville idol page.We need you to listen to them and vote..Pls check our page (the Condition on entry) and see what is required for u voters to do and your voting dates,the voting poll would be up soon..Pls help us turn this to a success...and pls visit the page frequently...Tanx for ur support as we try to spice things up in blogville

Elcy said...

ha!ha! couldn't stop laughing. so many similarities to my life as a young lassie back then too. My mum too was an expert in terror lashing. she actually used a garden hose to trash the living daylights out of me one time..it's a wonder I survived her bouts of anger then**phew**!
I also won first prize during a french language competition but I speak German now better than french.
Anyway, was good reading your site
i think you're funnier than me.
LC