Monday 29 January 2007

I don't like Mondays

Not so happy today, maybe because it is a Monday. I just hate Mondays especially when I sleep late on Sunday night.

I feel like I have the weight of the whole world on my shoulders.

I am thinking about school.

I need a new job.

I need a home of my own. With husband and kids. I am just plain bored of my flat! All I see around me is books, bags, shoes, yoruba films, a few foreign movies, my pictures and that of my entire family. Hey, they all bore me!!!!!!!!!!

Is something wrong with me today, I have been so grouchy. Shouted on the poor lady that asked if she could get me a cup of coffee. Not that she's ever seen me drink coffee in the office before why ask me???????

I shouted on my younger sister as well, she wanted to find out if I saw the dress, told her no. Maybe she didn't hear, she asked again and i SHOUTED NO! Why are you so excited about this wedding sef. Then my sister said to me
''Temmy are you not happy that I am getting married?''. Then I started to cry. I took out my aggression on my sister, of course I am happy that she is getting married, I really am. I love her to bits and I want her to be happy.

My sister then called Ex to report me(they have turned that one into a member of the family). Shey jejely the boy should have just sent me a text to ask me what is wrong. Here is the convo we had:

Ex: Wsup darling, how are you today.
Moi:Fine, and you?
Ex: Fine. Thanks. Errm,,, Molayo just called me.
Moi: To say?
Ex: What do you mean to say? You shouted on her and she is really bitter.
Moi: Is Layo your sister or mine?
Ex: What kind of question is that?
Moi: One that you only can answer now, is she your sister(voice rising now)
Ex: Why are u raising your voice at me woman?
Moi: have told you never to call me woman, how many times................................

After barking at Ex for about 5 minutes. The poor boy said: I am sorry for making things worse this morning. Have a good day. He hung up.

Yeah, just what I need on a Monday morning. Went into the bathroom, cried my eyes out, called my sister to apologise and promised to send her the slippers she's always wanted. That made her happy, greedy somborri!

Dad didn't give me money yesterday lol. Waste of my time and energy in the cold. He only promised to pay half of my ticket fare for the wedding like that is not his responsibility in the first place.

I am taking tomorrow off work, will surely call in sick. I need to do something that will make me happy. I probably will call Ex to apologise if i feel like it.

22 comments:

Confused Naija Girl said...

FIRST!! I hope you feel better soon girl!

Vera Ezimora said...

damn it, she beat me to it! i was hoping I'd be first. Alright lemme go read and come back

Vera Ezimora said...

Temmy, there are some days u just wake up and you're angry. You might not know why, but u just know u r. Something just doesn't feel right.

I hope u feel better. You should definitely call and apologise 2 Ex.

naijabelle said...

Its one of those days sweerie! its not unusual to feel this way believe me we all have days like this.Cheer up! it will be fine.

Tiwa said...

Eyah, pele hope you feel better tomorrow.
Ex really got it bad from you..... but maybe he desereved it after pulling that "Why are u raising your voice at me woman?" stunt, I would have lost it at that point as well.
Just take easy dear.

Azuka said...

Pele oh. I didn't know it was this bad this morning. The sun will shine tomorrow :-).

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Pele jere,, my dear egbon. EX was only trying to be a peacemaker. U should definitely apologize to him. In due time, God will answer all ur prayers. Take it easy and have fun

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Awww sis Temmy to fine, e kpele. You'll be fine. LOL @ ur sister and her slippers. Take it easy, maybe watching some Baba Suwe movies will cheer you up? Or watching Alabi yellow finish someone off with insults,lol. You'll be just fine, go shopping.

Naijadude said...

I feel you strongly ma'am! Just take it easy jare and rest yourself, taking tmrw off sounds pretty good!
You will be fine!!

Have a great week!

Smoothvibes said...

ok.. everybody says u should kpele... But NO KPELE to you from me!

Haba! Why take yur aggresion out on others?!...

I support you taking a day off... Pls call MR to apologise.

I hope you feel better though... I can't say I know what it feels to be in your shoes @ the moment... But I pray you get outta your funk .

ThatGirl said...

take it easy hun, i suggest you read some portions of ur bible to cheer u up, it always works for me! after that you can watch an all time fav movie of urs. Take it easy on urself oh, crying too much is not healthy k. Have a great day off tomorrow. later!

Demi said...

We all get like that sometimes. I've been pretty grumpy this past week or two. There's always a calm after the storm....

Dimples said...

Ok darling...let's do the breathing exercise..it always works..."BREATHE IN"..hmm!!!...and "BREATHE OUT"...phew!!!!

I bet u feel a bit better???
Hang in there...and pls say sorry to Ex..

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Nwanyi oma (Fine girl) - take it easy - I have been having one of those days for months now - and on sunday I made a decision to snap out of it. And promised myself to try and be joyful no matter what.

It is well.

Unknown said...

eeya!! Temmy, pele o! it's definitely one of those funny days yesterday, I hope you feel better today... gone shopping or something, that does make me happy lol. I'm sure you're not at work today :-), anyhew, pls call EX and apologise to him o! and also let him know you really mean it when you say he shouldn't call you 'woman' again, what is that sef?? sounds like something from our parents generation lol.

In my head and around me said...

I hope you feel better.

temmy tayo said...

@ebryone:thanks. Back at work now.

LondonBuki said...

Pele... hope you feel better oh.

NaijaBloke said...

Pele Temmy ...it happens like that sometimes jere.

Hope u feel better now

And wetin be ur own with me and Teva now,abeg sho igba e jere(take care of ur own calabash)LOL

Noella said...

Heyah pele

Anonymous said...

HOpe the mood lifts

Vera Ezimora said...

It's wednesday now, so what's ur excuse 4 not updating?

UPDATE!!!