Monday 16 October 2006

My Crush(es) and I

How was my weekend? Good and boring. Did what i love doing most:shopping. I left my house with the plans of buying just a pair of boots and winter coat. Trust me to always go out of budget, i ended up buying the coat and the boots, a pair of jeans and 6 tops. What will i do about this bad habit of mine, i need help o please and fast too. Sometimes, i wonder what i want to do with all the shoes, bags and all other things. Trust my father in heaven to always do things in mysterious ways, when i got to church on sunday and i was picking out the word for the day.I picked ''lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths will not destroy''. Food for thought......

Lately, all my single male friends have been making moves on me. I have been enjoying the attention but then there is one that i am beginning to like sooo much. There is a snag tho, he is in a relationship. Ok, the story is he has been in a relationship for like 7 years now and the 2 of them have serious problems. We were always talking about it and then i normally give my own candid advise.

Ever since he heard about Ex and I, he has intensified his ''yarns''. Now i am getting to like him o. He calls me everynite and we talk for hours on end, just because of him i have shifted sleeping time to 10pm!

Women, why cant we ever keep a grip on our feelings. Ehn why now? It is the guy's birthday this saturday and he called me lastnite to find out if i will be available as he is planning to have a mini bash. Guess where?: NORWAY! Number of guests:2.
Guests being Temmy and birthday boy.

Now, i called my sister and i gave the full details. She did not even allow me to finish my story before she said, you have to go o. You can't kill yourself because a man cheated on you. Go out and have fun, enjoy your life.

Is going to Norway with a man that has a girlfriend a good idea even though he is a good friend and of cos i am too sure ''nothing'' will happen?

Is that a good way/idea of having fun?

I never give am answer o, told him i will let him know by thursday.

And then my crush came to town. I am very sure at some point in our beautiful lives, we have had a terrible crush on some guy/chic.

I had a crush on Laolu during my primary school days, i can remember that he used to sit two desks away from mine and i always stole glances at him then. The boy was really cute, then in our primary 5 days, he had a car accident and he was taken out of the country for treatment. The way i cried the day our class teacher said Laolu was involved in an accident, you would think he was my blood brother.

3 months later he was back in school with a limp by then the crush was growing out of hand but thank God i left for secondary school in primary 5, if not maybe i woulda asked the boy out. Not that i get that kind liver then o but who knows?

In secondary shool, i did not have any crush cum mirinda on any guy till i was in S.S 2, and for no one else but my friend's boy friend! Me sef.....
Thank God that the guy left for another school, but today we are very good friends. I am sure he suspects me sometimes sha cos i was extra nice to him way back..

Then i met Ex when i was in my final year in Uni. No one before him but i had another crush after him. Chei, his name is Wale(thank God wale plenty for this world). I met him one bright and beautiful evening.

This is the story, i was posted to Yobe State for my NYSC after the 3 weeks orientation i was redeployed to Abuja. Ex then was posted to Akwa Ibom State, we did everything possible to get him redeployed to Abuja but it wasnt possible.
There was this friend of mine that desperatley wanted to hook me up with his brother, but then the brother is married and has his wife and kid in america. He thought i'd never found out as he had none of their pictures in his house. His apartment is just a perfect bachelor pad that any girl would have belived he really was single.

That fateful day, he came to the house with his younger brother(my friend) to take me out, unfortunately it was my turn to cook dinner for my dad and i coudnt go out. They decided to wait till i finished my chores(men, when they are looking for something...)2 hours, they sat in the car outside my house. I joined them later and was talking to my ''toaster''. Then i noticed there was this guy in front of the car that wasnt talking to anyone, wetin concern me i no give am face. We were about leaving to go and buy ice cream and my ''toaster'' told wale to come and sit at the back as ''madam'' has to sit in front.

Then i saw him very well,tall dark and handsome. Isnt that how they all come? He mumbled hi to me and men i was smitten!!!
We got the ice cream and we dropped him off to pick up his car at my ''toaster's,'' house. This was the converstaion i had with my friend that nite:

Temmy: abeg who be dat guy?
Friend: wale now, he is doing NYSC as well. He was my mate in Uni.
Temmy:uhmn, na wa o. The guy fine sha.
Friend: are you telling me, he knows.
Temmy: when next will you bring him to my house?
Friend: are you mad?
Temmy: you have a dirty mind, i just want to be his friend now.
Friend:ok, no be me go introduce you to a man. When i want you to hook up with my brother.
Temmy: you are the crazy one here, don't you know i have a boyfriend? Ok, forget it sha. The guy is just really cute.
Friend: yeah, yeah.

After they dropped me off, i couldnt help fantasizing about the guy. Chineke, i quickly picked my phone and i called Ex, telling him how much i love and miss him. I couldnt believe i found someone else attractive.

I shall continue the story some other time. I have pains, the time of a woman is upon me.

No comments: