Thursday 10 August 2006

I have had a long day,this job hunt is not easy,thank God for great mercies.There is nothing like little mercies in UK or anywhere for that matter. Spoke with my papa today complaining about not getting a job and having gone for a zillion interviews.

Trust him never to disappoint:

Moi: Hello daddy, i am sorry i have not called you in a while.. I have been busy with job hunting...........

Dad: job hunting ke? What is wrong with your office.

Moi: sir,the company is making some departments redundant.

Dad: you see,you children of this generation will never learn. I have never looked for a job in my life. I don't understand the reason why you have to beg and grovel for a job!
You can do something different.Ise owo is very important! For instance u can go into farming. Fish farming is lucrative now in Nigeria.........

Moi: I couldn't interrupt,cos try interrupting popsie when he is talking about farming then here comes his wrath!

Alright, pop gave me 18 minutes lecture on what i need to do to become a successful business woman.

Not that i am not interested in business but how can i tell him that tho i studied economics i still don't have any flair for business!
All i want to do if i am not a high flying career woman is to sell lace fabrics in a big airconditioned shop in Abuja.

I hate Lagos,so that is def out of my options. He will skin me alive if i ever voice that out. When my sister ventured in photography,i can remember him saying i bought you that digital camera so can take our pictures at family parties/functions. That argument went on for days but the moment she was featured in the guardian Newspaper as one of the belles of our time,baba changed tune! That's my gal he beams! I went all the way to the US to get her a camera. Photography is good business. Yeah yeah.

Abi,make me sef risk am ni. I don tire jare. Or better still,maybe i should just pray and fast more. I mean,i need to get my boyfriend propose to me by the end of the year.( i know he wont see this post)That way i don't have to stress my self on where i want to actually live. UK, Nigeria, USA(out of it,they didn't give me ordinary tourism visa), Kenya, where ever as long there is internet there i am fine!

You see the issue of being single is part of the reason he wants me back in Nigeria. Story for another blog it shall be titled ''why has he refused to propose after 5 years''.

No comments: