Wednesday 30 August 2006

And he died.....

He loved me,he loved his family,he loved his kids with passion,his grandkids with a greater passion but his time was up on Sunday the 27th of August 2006 at exactly 9am in the morning. He joined the saints triumphant.

I thank the Lord for he lived a good life. He was loved by all that knew him. I cried a lot cos he did not fufill his promise to me. He promised me last year december when i was in Nigeria that he will hand me over to my husband and ''warn'' him to treat me right just the way he treated his wife, my mother and my aunties. He said he couldnt wait to carry my kids(trust me to waste time). I cried when i remembered that the last time i saw him he was looking frail and old,but his humor was still intact and he said ''Temmy,hope you wont let me down a believer, and not a church goer so that when you are frail and old you will be as happy as i am right now''.

Grandpa, you were the best thing that happened to my existence. Thank you for loving us unconditionally. You left a legacy behind and we promise not to let you down.
I wont be able to give you a good bye kiss and hug like i usually do anytime we say bye bye grandpa.I just started a new job and i cant take any leave for now. Moreover it is your ''grandpa'' my boss told me,if only he knew how loving and kind you were. If only he knew better........

Grandpa,don't forget to tell grandma that we still miss her. Biodun and Dare that they will be forever loved.

Aawgh...now i am getting mushy and ....... sob sob.
Ok, grandpa J..... Rest in eternal bliss.

No comments: