The things I have learnt from marriage are so many that I have lost count.
1. I grew up in a house where cooking wasn't something I have to do. There were cooks,maids and all sort. Tho my mom is not the type to spare the rod and spoil the child. But now in boo's house na to cook and mehn......
2. I am naturally an Internet abi computer freak. I can spend the whole day in front of the laptop and not get bored. I really do not know why my husband complains.....haba i am so good at multitasking.
3. I hate night crawling. I don't do clubs/bars/cinemas e.t.c. Cinema sha,I can manage if we are to see comedy or maybe Naija film.( I am boring abi). So I followed my boo to a karaoke bar and I succeeded in disgracing myself. Fist, I didn't want to enter cos I thot there were too many people(I am naturally shy). After spending about 10minutes outside I summoned courage and I went in. Oh well, I had fun. There was a day we went to the cinema, we went to see Ocean's 13...I slept off at the 3rd scene and woke up just about when they were showing credits for the movie.Haha...i have never seen my husband so miffed in his lifetime. Instead of him to thank God that I did not snore in the cinema.
4. I'd rather keep to myself than talk to people around me when I am in one of my ''moods''. That is when my mum or mother in law or sis or brother in law will just decide to pop in !Bummer!
5. I can kill people for dropping clothes everywhere in the house but my baby does it. Once he gets in from work, he drops his jacket right in the living room. The annoying thing is he is still going into the room to undress. Can somebody help me ask why he has to drop that one first?
6. For the past 15 years or more I don't go to bed without having a shower, even when I was living in the UK with that frigging weather I no dey miss my nightly ritual. I had totally begged God to give me a man that will also do the same every night. Alas, no be so o. When I ask boo if he isn't going to shower he goes " there is AC in my car and AC in my office so I have not been sweating.
7.I have learnt to be very prudent! The regular/normal Temmytayo buys whatever she fancies when ever she deems fit. But now, I think about my son first, then my husband, then the house and then myself. Very sad abi?
8.I have learnt how to deal with my friends better now. Some will call and abuse and complain about their husbands and trust me na so i go dey follow them blame their husbands. Until the day my hubby sat me down for a long talk on the importance of ''minding your won business'' in marriage. I must say it was a lecture I can never forget.
9. Hand don dey pain me o and it is 12.49 am Sunday morning. I gast so sleep so i can wake up on time for church.