Saturday 4 July 2009

IT'S PARRY TIME OH.TICKETS ARE LIMITED.

If only I can tell my mum, mother in law and in fact everybody telling me to celebrate my son's first year birthday then surely I will be SCREAMING SHUT UP PLEASE!



There is no sense in celebrating one year birthday, not that I do not appreciate God but does the recipient(well lack of word to use) understand why everybody wants to kiss, hug and cuddle him all at once. NO! He will probably cry all through the day and if one is lucky he can sleep all through sha..



Now i am dreading picking my mum or mother in law's call cos after all the normal how are you, the next topic is BIRTHDAY! So what are we going to put in the party packs, which venue, what is he going to wear. Are we making butter cake or cup cake? I am fed up oh you two.



What am I going to do now? I went for my friend's son 1 year party today. The boy slept,woke up and cry very well when he saw all the faces gathered to kiss him. So after the parry I called a few numbers that were stuffed in my bag by aunties and mummies as party planners. The least bill I was given was N150,000.00k for the venue and bouncing castle only! What happens to the food,the party packs and drinks nko. God forbid evil thing oh. How on earth am i gonna put down 250k for a parry? When I Can start a business with that sum of money.

Anyways just had a change of mind and I will be sending this text out to my friends and family
''Due to popular demand, my husband and I have decided to hold a party in honour of our cute little one. Venue is the Civic Centre and time is 4pm till dawn. Gate fee is N5,000 and we also have Aso Ebi for N15,000. Your presence will be highly appreciated. Come one,come all.

I am so sure after seeing this text no one will bother me again. Haba!

12 comments:

DiAmOnD hawk said...

excellent idea, re: the text msg...

i think sometimes we go overboard... I dont have a child yet so I dont know if I will feel that way when the time comes... but a simple party... with maybe a clown and games will make children happy... no efizzy needed... kids are quite simple to please...

if this is their first grandchild... it may be the reason for them wanting to throw a big party... and im sure they'll all contribute somn....

anyways... when is the parry o... can i reserve a tkt? lol

Yinkuslolo said...

plsss, no dont send that hilarious text oh

yayi said...

aso ebi or no aso ebi...you shall celebrate my baby's 1st birthday!! agbara olorun ka!!

aloted said...

lol..i thot i was the only one that felt one year old bday partys are overated! all them agbayas will now gather together..and the little child will be confused and start crying..

pls dont let ur MIL and Momma pressure u o..just get him a nice cake and take pictures...u can get a few friends..children i mean..but pls do wat u feel is best.

happy birthday in advance to the little man!

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

if u really must do a party.. have it at fun place in adebola house on opebi, saves u d cost of renting a place and bouncy castles.. ithink its 300bukcs per kid as gate fee or smthing like that, and they have tons of games and rides and food too.

Unknown said...

lol. i totally feel you on this.

temmy tayo said...

@Diamond: Who cares if he is the first grandchild, they should let me be jare. My mum especially,well, if she drops like 500k..why not?lol

@Yinskulolo: They need that rude awakening from their slumbers.

Yayi:godmother,make ua send some money down.

temmy tayo said...

@Aloted;point taken hun. thanks.

@36; thefunplace is close to meoh. never been inside there tho. will check dplace out. thanks lovey.

LG said...

buhahahahahahahahaha LWKM
dearie, wats d color of d ashebi?? hope its sky blue n peach :-)
but seriously u gats to celebrate baby's 1STTTTTTTTTTT birthday o,



BTW if u promise to do it at civic centre, i go do free emcee for u, deal or no deal :-)

Mama Junior said...

So did you have the party?

Please let's know how it went!!!!

I'm still thinking what to do on my baby's 1st birthday...

definetely don't have that much to splurge sha!!!

temmy tayo said...

@LG: the aso ebi is green oh with touch of yellow.Hope that won't be too bright sha. LOL

@Mamajunior: we never do the parry,not till august if at all.

Thirty + said...

Wise move but then again knowing ma people, they may start coughing up N20k just like that.