Monday 12 November 2007

The Journey.................bits and pieces.

It all started on the 11th of October for me when i left the UK,hey please never fly virgin Nigeria again please. That was my first time and surely my last time. Got to the airport for 7am for a 10am flight, we didn't leave Gatwick till 3pm, let me just spare you the horror of the details but thank God I got home safely.

Slept all through the 12th and 13th of October. Jet Lag

14th of October I remembered I am suppose to hold a bouquet..... you'd wonder why i didn't do all that from the UK abi, I wasn't just composed. Got a lovely wine and gold bouquet from the wedding centre on Toyin Street in Lagos, from there rushed to get beads for my native for the engagement. I wanted beads, just wasn't down for the ''you have to wear gold necklace bit''.


15th I was at the Tailor's place, yeah this is where the wahala started, the blouse was too big. For crying out loud the monkey took my measurement!!!!!!!!!!! See why i didn't want to do the regular iro and buba cos i hate to tie wrapper and the blouse falling off my shoulders. The monkey succeeded in ruining my day, Great!

17th left for Ibadan my hometown for the wedding. Got home and developed a nasty cold, sneezed till my nose became to sore for me to breathe. I began to panic,how on earth is this going to stop.......hubby began to pray.

18th: I woke up around 6 am to have my bath and get my hair done. The lady that made the hair and make up came some 5 minutes after 6am. Yours truly miraculously stopped sneezing!



The engagement party started at 8am. I wanted everything done in one day.

Church service was at 11am,as i walked down the aisle i was all smiles. My brother kept smiling at me and winking. Cheeky dude!



Time to recite vows,i started to cry. I couldn't believe i was telling hubby in front of friends and family that it is only till death do us part


I raised my tears drenched face to the minister of God and watched as he joined me and my sweetheart for life..I looked back towards my parents, Papa Temmy was crying. I cried more. I knew at that point that my father would have preferred Temmy to be his little girl for life. Na so the love reach. He was happy to see me getting married but at the same time I would always be his little girl.


Yours truly ruined the artistically crafted make-up. I dreaded seeing the pictures later.
Before i knew it, we were at the reception. I guess time just flew by because I was lost in the ocean of my hubby's adoring eyes. We couldn't take our eyes off each other. I guess I was outright sexy in my wedding dress. Its always good to give them something to look forward to. He was a sight to behold in that dark blue suit.

Well, I had to change out of the sexy dress into the aso-ebi and mark my words we made a gorgeous couple. You need to hear the oohhss and aaahhs when we danced into the midst of well-wishers. My hubby looked like a million dollars in the agbada, though he didn't want to wear it at first but I managed to convince him.


After the reception, there came another bout of crying. Suddenly I realised I was really leaving my parents and siblings. Not that Mr O was taking me to Sokoto but it just became clear to me that I was a married woman. That my husband now is my first family and priority.

What was most comforting in the overwhelming activities of the past six hours was the vision of my kid brother waving to me as I was whisked away to begin a new life as Mrs O.
'' See you next week' were his cries as his slight figure gradually faded into the distant.

I miss my brother....... I so miss him. The memory of his teary face will stay with me for a long time to come.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Mrs O!!

Welcome to the club of those who cried on their wedding day! LOL!! I dont know what happened but the tears and sobs just started when I started saying my vows and I couldnt hold them back. Everyone was laughing at me.

Girl, Gorgeous is an understatement. I can imagine how undeniably wonderful you both were that day.


Wishing you a very, very happy married life indeed. Are you relocating?

temmy tayo said...

@CG: I cried like a MONKEY. Did u see the fotos i sent?

I am relocating o.

Unknown said...

Yes I did. You guys are undeniably a very, very GORGEOUS couple.

BiMbyLaDs** said...

cry !!! me i dindn't cry o.. it was MR chinese eyes that was sniffing.. lol.. ME I GRINNED AND GRINNED LOL..

congrats dearie.. now u make me want to tell my own wedding story.

did I tell u that I miss u? i missss uuuuuuu

BiMbyLaDs** said...

oo send me ni photo o?!!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

awww men... i was hoping to be first... next time!!!!! let me go read

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

awwwwwwwwww...... whatever happened to my own picture.......welcome back.... miss you.........

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww awesome!

errmmm missy, you never sent those pics :-/

yayi said...

This is not about being the first. I am gonna get paid whether u like it or YOU LIKE IT or else I will tell Mr O.

Orientatednaijababe said...

Thanks 4 sharin ur story. Glad God took care of ur old....now i cannot wait to be married..

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

Ye, u mean that my very own Temmy was in dis nigeria to marry Mr O and she didnt invite me. *sob sob* and then to top it off she didnt even send me pictures *double sob sob*

babe, im so so so happyf or you, u cant even imagine, God will bless ur marriage abundantly, u berra invite me for child naming when d time comes o!!! if not... LOL

Ms. Catwalq said...

I am so happy for you...
congrats girl
U deserve all this happiness and so much more...

be prepared to give your best and accept his best
Remember God brought you together...he is always there

I am so happy for you

Anonymous said...

mrs o.. i'm sooo happy for you my darling... i know you'll have the best life with the mr... ur so beautiful and sweet and hes a lucky man.. happy marriage and everygood thing that life has to offer.. congratulations my darling... this made me smile and laugh and everything... God bless you my sweetheart

Anonymous said...

me i want to see pictures oh... overwhelmednaijababe@gmail.com

Pixgremlin said...

Ahh, bless you, and congratulations on the nuptials. When are we going to see pixtures? :-)

http://aworan.wordpress.com

Dolly said...

Congrats, when are we seeing the pictures?

Thirty + said...

CONGRATULATION

Lady A said...

Aaahhhh, beautiful! Now, please, where are the pictures?! Do share (wink).

Uzo said...

Mrs O? You got married? Wow....COngratultions

Daddy's Girl said...

Wow, had no idea you posted this until now. Congratulations girl. I am so happy for you and it sounds like you had an AMAZING wedding. God bless you.