Friday 29 June 2007

Thank you for saving me o BABA.

Chineke God, thank you o.
I am having a 3rd and a fourth thought about coming to live in Lagos. Yours truly ran the race of her life today while trying to run from thieves in broad day light.

My day started on a very funny note:

1. I did not feel like standing up. Then I remembered my cousin begged me to go back to Abuja with her by road. I hate travelling, not to talk of doing a 10 hour trip. But I agreed cos I love my cousin pieces.

2. Was stuck in traffic for close to 3 hours from the house to Ogba. I was already getting pissed but was managing my emotions well.

3. Then got into a cab to take me to Jibowu to book ABC transport to Abuja. Was in the cab for about four hours, eventually got to Ikorodu road only to see people running back and shouting turn back, hide your valuables e.t. c. Temmy don dey nearly piss for pants. Thief, barawo, ole! Mo ti daran. I had some money in my bag, I quickly brought the money out and hid it in the band of my jeans. The speed at which I got out of the cab will shame Carl Lewis, I was out like lightening!

4. I ran like a mad woman. In my head, I was thinking, stray bullet will not cut short my life in Jesus name. I could hear the gun shots from the other side of the road.

5. I stopped where I saw a large crowd and guess who I called? Mr O! Couldn't I have called my cousin? I must really like the man sha. He calmed me down and told me to cross to the other side of the road and get a cab to bring me back to Ikeja.

6. Till I got to Ikeja, I was just panting and thanking God for saving my life. What would have become of Mama Temmy wey don dey see me inside wedding dress or of Wildie who wants to be my Chief Bride's Maid, or of MR O who says he loves me recklessly.

7. I rest my case and I say THANK YOU BABA GOD!!!

24 comments:

Allied said...

Oluwa e seun. I thank God that you are okay!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

This is a serious Thank God, no weapons / gun fashioned will ever reach you. Thank God. Its times like this that you are more than concious of the goodness of God. Its like reminding you that God seriously protects you wherever you find yourself. Nothing can happen to you nne. You will live till ripe old age, with plenty plenty grandchildren.

Praise Jesus Again. Halleluyah.

Omuluzua said...

Chineke Dalu.... hmm Thank God O! Temmy the devil will not cut your life short, your joy will never be stolen in Jesus Name - Amen.

Please vote for DSCRIBE

have a blessed and safe weekend

classybabe said...

Thank God you got out of there safely.Crime wave in Naija is getting worse by the day,armed robbers are now getting bolder

SapphireAster said...

A..I made first 5..yipee. Its good to hear from you again o. Lol I understand yoru having 100 thoughts about living in Naija. We thank God O. Ahh...Mama Temmy will see you in the wedding dress live o..baba temmy will walk you down the aisle and Mr. O will continue to love your recklessly o. lol @ stray bullet but I totally understand. Now let me go and eat some goat meat to celebrate!

soul said...

ehhhnnnn.. nitori kini?.
If anyone.. I mean any morasucker dares to harm even one follicle of hair on Temmy's head ...
they will have to deal with me.
Yes from a distance.. but sha wew thank God say you are okay..

Be Careful Temmytayo. return to us in one piece. (thankfully Mr. O is near by, phew.. I'm starting to really like that man for you )

Ms. Catwalq said...

Men, u better keep up with your prayers cos u definitely have God's protection

Favoured Girl said...

Ah. You actually heard gun shots?Thank God for His mercies and protection o!

Smoothvibes said...

Thank You Jesus! Oga oh.. Life in Naija is by His grace.

Sha be careful. God will continue to keep us all safe.

Writefreak said...

Thank God for you o. These armed robbers are useless people, God will punish them!

chidi said...

lagos na wa o!! thank God for you!!

naijabelle said...

Thank God for his protection and mercy!

BlogVille Idol said...

BLOGVILLE IDOL HAS A WINNER GO TO OUR PAGE AND SEE WHO IT IS...PLS DROP US A COMMENT TANX!TANX FOR UR SUPPORt THRU OUT THE SHOW......BLOGVILLE IDOL IS OFFICIALLY OVER

LondonBuki said...

Hi dear! Got your voicemail o...

Thank God you are okay o! You better return to London kia kia.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

thank God o for ur life..9ja sa!

Fluffycutething said...

We thank God for His mercies....

Na so we sef dey see am for this Lagos oh!!!

Hmmmm

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Ah, we thank God!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

whoa... gunshots? Thank God you're safe!

TMinx said...

Wow Temmy, I'm glad you are okay! Hugs, hugs, hugs. Its sad that these people have taken over Lagos and are making us live in fear. I couldn't even blog about my experience, last year. Too traumatic to even think of. But please be in Lagos when I come oh. :)

Unknown said...

Thank God they didnt get to you. It must have been a frightening experience but you have told your story so dramtically. LOL!! I wouldnt wish such an experience even on my worst enemy.

Writefreak said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog temmytayo, will always stop by, feel free to do the same

NaijaBloke said...

Na wah o ... I no know say u sabi run sef ..LOL

Demi said...

Ole! you no fit carry the man-chine gun I gave you?

Omo, if to say na me, I go tia face go the battle ground gan gan and tear bullet with my ak47!

Emi funra mi! Emi omo ti o kana!

Vera Ezimora said...

This is a bad thing that is hella funny. Nne nawa o. But see, wetin dey fear you sef? Don't you know they know me in Naija? All you had to do was tell those damn thieves that you're my love, and after that, nothing else will be said. They woulda left you to go on your merry way; in fact, they woulda given you pocket oney on top of it sef. Shey you get??

LOL

Temmy baby, I don miss u o!! When r u comin back? In short, make I go find that ur number sef.