Chineke God, thank you o.
I am having a 3rd and a fourth thought about coming to live in Lagos. Yours truly ran the race of her life today while trying to run from thieves in broad day light.
My day started on a very funny note:
1. I did not feel like standing up. Then I remembered my cousin begged me to go back to Abuja with her by road. I hate travelling, not to talk of doing a 10 hour trip. But I agreed cos I love my cousin pieces.
2. Was stuck in traffic for close to 3 hours from the house to Ogba. I was already getting pissed but was managing my emotions well.
3. Then got into a cab to take me to Jibowu to book ABC transport to Abuja. Was in the cab for about four hours, eventually got to Ikorodu road only to see people running back and shouting turn back, hide your valuables e.t. c. Temmy don dey nearly piss for pants. Thief, barawo, ole! Mo ti daran. I had some money in my bag, I quickly brought the money out and hid it in the band of my jeans. The speed at which I got out of the cab will shame Carl Lewis, I was out like lightening!
4. I ran like a mad woman. In my head, I was thinking, stray bullet will not cut short my life in Jesus name. I could hear the gun shots from the other side of the road.
5. I stopped where I saw a large crowd and guess who I called? Mr O! Couldn't I have called my cousin? I must really like the man sha. He calmed me down and told me to cross to the other side of the road and get a cab to bring me back to Ikeja.
6. Till I got to Ikeja, I was just panting and thanking God for saving my life. What would have become of Mama Temmy wey don dey see me inside wedding dress or of Wildie who wants to be my Chief Bride's Maid, or of MR O who says he loves me recklessly.
7. I rest my case and I say THANK YOU BABA GOD!!!