Thursday 25 January 2007

The Evil That Men Do!

I really feel bad using this title for today's posting but make I no lie I am getting tired of men and their antics. I had dinner with two of my girlfriends yesterday, as usual we got talking about MEN.

A friend to one of my girl friends just got ditched after a 10 years relationship. Yeah, she is to blame for staying that long with a guy without being sure of where the relationship is heading to. Anyways back to why I blame the so called guy: the monkey came to the UK for his masters 3 years ago. He still kept in touch with girlfriend who already has her masters and is working with SHELL Petroleum in Port Harcourt.

Of course she wasn't against the idea of the guy going for his masters, she wanted the best for him. Boyfriend stopped calling after some time, excuse being that it is not really easy for him to combine work and school. Girl didn't mind calling him at least she is well off. The guy obviously gave her signs to move on with this silly attitude of his but you know how WE are now, she didn't get the message or rather she chose not to SEE the handwriting on the wall.

Boy got back to Nigeria last December and called girl to say that he doesn't think the relationship will work. Story is let us end this thing we call a relationship. As if that was not enough, he told her a week after that he is getting married this April!

My only advice to the girl is: Strip naked at 1am and curse the guy. Just kidding but then the guy deserves to be cursed.

After that story, another one came up. Of course you know that where 2 or 3 women are gathered story must surely flow.

Case 2

This girl ehn, lets call her Bimbo has been dating Tunde for 4 years. Girl moved to the UK for greener pastures as she had tried everything possible to get a job in Nigeria to no avail. Their plan was that once the guy is ready for them to get married she will come back home, by then she would have made some money to support herself as well. Bimbo always called Tunde every other day since she got into the UK. Initially Tunde too called as often as he could, 6 months later Bims ran back to Naija to see her love, she was back in the country a month after since the boy said their wedding will be in 10 months time.

3 months into the new year, uncle T stopped calling. Bims later found out that Tunde was seeing a calabar girl. Calabar girl ke... I just told her she shouldn't bother to run after the guy he is already hooked. I have a personal score to settle with calabar girls( i have to support my friend).
Calabar girls and their legacy!

She went home last August after she and the guy settled all their wahala on the phone. She got to Nigeria and was staying with at the guy's place, she said at least no girl showed up and she thought all was settled. 5 days into her stay at the guy's place, he told her that he wanted them to go and stay in a hotel all in the name of rekindling their love. Said they got to the hotel in the morning, watching a movie and then his phone rang: he later said that he was going out to see a friend. Mr T did not come back! The idiota went to see the Calabar girl and that one seized his car keys(that is his story). He left Bims at the hotel! He didnt even feel remorse she said, he was just staring at her the next day like a goat that was about to be slaughtered. Oloshi(excuse my french).

Case3

This is about 2 guys jare. Both of them well known to me. Lets call them W and B. W had been dating this girl for some months but was always telling his friends that ''I no too send the babe''. She is hausa, I am Yoruba and I can't marry her. This fateful day they all went to a party and B laced X's (the girl) drink. He later had his way with her. B later told W what he did, they had a nasty bust up and both left the party in anger. W must have realised he really likes X. It dawned on him after she was raped!

X is a girl after my heart because she got about 4 of her friends from University and they went to see W at home. They beat him blue black.


A Quick Note To All My Girl Friends Out There:

A man is just not into you and worth waiting for when he is not calling you. No matter how busy men claim to be there is always someone they talk to who puts a smile on their faces.

A man is just not for you when he is having sex with someone else. It takes a lot to have sex with someone, you just don't wake up and decide I want to have sex with B!

A man that disappears on you is not worth your tears! Don't give him the chance to reject you again. He is gone because he is not good enough for you.

A man that is selfish isn't just worth it. He is a jerk, an asshole, you already have one you don't need another one.

A man that is not proud of you is not just into you. He is a fool. There is a man out there willing to tell it to the mountains that you are HIS!

A man that is breaking up with you is an idiot. He has made it clear that he doesn't need you. There is a man out there that will be happy that you didn't make up with your crappy Ex boyfriend.

Yes, of course you will meet men at different stages of recovering from a broken relationship. If he is into you, my dear he will get over his issues fast and makes sure he doesn't lose you.

My Spirits asks me: where does this put Ex. I answered my spirit: IN HIS PLACE.

21 comments:

Azuka said...

We seem to be moving on.

I don't support cursing the guy for case 1. Just let her move on with her life.

Case 2: Wait until Calabar Girl sees this!

Case 3: That is so ewwww. Date rape? I hope they beat him properly.

Goodluck!

angie said...

I wonder wat the babe in case 1 was still doing with the guy without a commitment for 10yrs!If they got married then, they would have had a 9yr old son/daughter...lol.
For case 2, i have heard that if a calabar girl takes ur boo u shld go and beg her oh. I asked a calabar friend of mine and she confirmed it..lol. I think they r trained on how to take care of a man from the cradle.
For case 3, hope they beat shege banza outta the dude!!!
And u r rigth...EX is in HIS OWN PLACE(from wat i have read so far in ur blog), u know him better.

BabaAlaye said...

Haba!!! I don't want to be anywhere near Women when they r having a male bashing session.

Calabar girls? No comment.

LG said...

Wise words but letting go is hard.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Hmmm, my calabar sistas do know how to get any guy they want o. Infact, i reserve further comments on that. U're concur "tori torun" with u on this,
"A man is just not into you and worth waiting for when he is not calling you. No matter how busy men claim to be there is always someone they talk to who puts a smile on their faces."

U're so on point with that. Anyways, the case 1 lady too how can she stay in a r/ship for 10 solid years with a guy and no commitment? Sometimes, we ladies mess ourselves up, we see the handwriting on the wall but still remain blind to it.

Where 2 or 3 ladies are gatehred, boy talk must follow. May God help us all regarding our r/ships- Amen

Demi said...

Let Calabar girl come and meet all of you here o, you'll all hia WEN!

I really enjoyed this post Temmy. Thanks Hun.

Temmy...MA BINU! I'll send you an e-mail later!

Dimples said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dimples said...

Hmm deep stuves!!!...men temmytayo u have got me thinking!!1

Hmm!!!...me too i've heard of Calabar girls...and "the things dem de wash de put inside food"""...hmm....cat cut my tongue..

naijabelle said...

hmmm! true talk.
case 1 is so sad after being with him for 10 years. likw WTH? They both are to be blamed sha.I just remain positive, that with all this assholes out there, we still got some decent blokes out there.And i know as a matter of certainty that he is on his way to my life.

Smoothvibes said...

Lol!
@ case one.

@Case two..

Someone has cooked efo for the man!



@Case three....
Now.. that's wat I'm talking abt!

Anonymous said...

i dont understand why did they beat W when it was B that raped X

Naijadude said...

Yes, why was W beaten? I wouldnt recommend Case 1 curse the dude! she shld just move on with life, life aint fair itself.

hahah @ oloshi, excuse me I do not understand french! LOL

Have a great weekend

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

So sad!!!:(

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Temmy I like this your agony aunt style writing. I find myself going through your list, checking to make sure whats his name is on it or not.

I also hear stories about calabar girls and me Im learning from their ways, seing as their ways is the kind that men love, me as well me am learning. LOL.

Have a blessed weekend temmylicious. thats my new name for you.

Anonymous said...

its all about recognizing what's good for you, and what's not. i have a feeling the signs were there from the start...

i love this line
My Spirits asks me: where does this put Ex. I answered my spirit: IN HIS PLACE.

so...how are you doing?

Vera Ezimora said...

Yea, wait till Calabar Girl sees this. Abi na her you dey talk about? lol.

But the girl that was raped, did she file charges against the rapist? He did a terrible, terrible thing.

But it's not ALL guys' fault now. Sometimes we just don't wanna see things 4 what they are. I mean, how could u stay 4 ten damn years? What the hell was she thinking? And like you said, the handwritting musta been on the wall. She just chose 2 ignore it.

I do not support any man 2 treat any1 badly, of course, but girls sef, they need 2 shine their eyes. These things are not always hard 2 figure out.

And that answer u gave about ur ex being in his place is so elusive. Where exactly is his place?

DiAmOnD hawk said...

what is this thing about calabar girls that i am hearing lately...someone please explain...

the girl was raped...my goodness...she should have pressed charges

so Ex is in his place...and what place is that exactly?

Jennifer A. said...

case 1: let her just move on...like Zuks said, its not even worth it...

Case 2: Lolll...I was just wondering what Calabar girl would say too...I'm sure she'll just laugh...ha ha...

Case 3: May God help us. Whattttt???

Miguel said...

lol...as for case 1 i think any babe that stays with a dude longer than 2 years and not a word about marriage is fooling herself...
As per calabar girls...quit hating... those babes know how to take care of their men in every area...

As per the hotel incident... i stand the chance of being stoned but if you are not married to a man and he takes you to a hotel, i dont care under what pretense (except you guys are in a different city) you are no different from the "Allen Avenue" babes...get the hint!

As per beating the guy up, theres more to that story...meanwhile someone should call X and warn him cause if this babe beat up W, she's bound to cripple X.

As for the signs you've mentioned, not calling etc...its not absolute!

Meanwhile I have some serious yabs for you but i'll reserve them until I really have time to blog.

Get well soon!

Unknown said...

Why are you guys always ready to go up arms in hand after calabar girls? I still posit that every girl from each and every tribe or nation is capable of being guilty of the crime of man snatching. (Its not as if we do it best or man snatching is exclusive to calabar girls!!) Whatever training we may have gotten, I'm sure ur parents too rendered the same training to you in equal measure!!

@ dimples: wash wetin? No be for home video we see that ting? Na calabar girl been dey do the washing abi na ibo or yoruba babe? That 'washing' is universal o jare!!

Case 1: Obviously a case of out of sight.... Wasnt she coming to the UK to visit him? What he did was deplorable and should have let her know ages ago if he was no longer interested. 10 years is a long time but God has a way of turning sadness or mourning into joy & laughter. She'll be surprised that she'll meet and marry a better man than the one who jilted her.

Case 2: The guy is obviously playing the field and it could have been with anybody. Togh Luck that it happens to be a calabar gal he's playing the field with.

Case 3: Why was W beaten up and not B who laced X's drink and raped her?

Daddy's Girl said...

Hmm... this life na wa o.

True talk about guys and relationships. True talk.