Monday 4 December 2006

Where did the year go?

I had a beautiful time on Saturday courtesy my sister and her fiancé. We had lunch in a Chinese restaurant with my very good friend funmi. We later moved to a Nigerian restaurant to have a taste of suya(you know I like meat). I had a few friends from Uni around and it was so much fun reminiscing about our first year in the university.

I had 3 of my ‘’toaster’’ around trying to outdo each other. Chineke! Men can be funny. Let me give you a brief break down of the 3 of them sef.

1. Bobby: he is the most arrogant man I have had the misfortune of meeting. Kai, I have never met anyone so full of himself. He came to join us at the Nigerian restaurant and was dressed to the ‘’teeth’’. Came in dangling his car keys, you would have thought he drives a jaguar.
He wanted to sit beside the birthday girl by all means, it is my day and I decided to humour him. He kept telling me that I am the most ravishing beauty he has ever met. (like I don’t know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made).
Temmy please be my girl, I will take care of you and love you for ever.

2. Wale: I don’t know why I always meet guys called Wale. Wetin sef. This one is such a nice little fellow who doesn’t know the difference between present and past tense. Apart from that he is a jolly good fellow.

3. Laolu: uhmn,,,,,,,,, I rest my case. I only just met him but will be back to blog about him later.

I will upload the pictures by the end of the week. My link is still down and I am just frustrated with the whole thing.

And hey, where did the year go? Suddenly it was November and we are in December......again - and we realize that with giant strides we started in January and within a blink of an eye, 2006 is on its back! A big "Thank You" to each and every one of you, for the huge impact you had on my life this year. Especially for all the support and e-mails I received.......without you, I'm sure that 2006 would have been extremely boring. From my side I wish you all a magical Festive Season filled with Loving Wishes and Beautiful Thoughts. May 2007 mark the beginning of a Tidal Wave of Love, Happiness and Bright Futures. And to those who need someone special, may you find that true love To those who need money, may your finances overflow To those who need caring, may you find a good heart Take care and God bless!

12 comments:

Azuka said...

The year does seem to go by so quickly...

Hmmm, you're 'doing shakara' now that you have three toasters. Hmmm hmmm!

Miguel said...

Man ...see as you take de yab your toasters...if na man begin do that one una go dey complain...na wa ooo I go send Bobby email...chei dude jus dey toast hin no go sabi say the babe don yab am sotay grass don wet... (how do you like my pidgin? ...lol)

Vera Ezimora said...

Abi o, Azuka! Don't mind her. She's feeling on top of the world because she has three toasters. Just wait till I take one of them from her (but not the one that doesn't know the difference between past and present tense. And not the one that is so full of himself.) Hmmmm, I guess that leave me with Laolu. Well, blog about him first, then I'll know if I want him or not. Hurry up, don't waste my time!

Smoothvibes said...

Yay!... We get to see 'aunt temi'

Three toasters pere?

06 did fly by real fast.. but I'm definately happy it did.. I'm looking forward to this time next year already!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I claim all your blessings in Jesus Name Amen. Wow it sounds like you had fun.

I know 2007 is going to be a significant year in all of our lives. Lets be ready to receive the blessings God has for us. Stay blessed.

angie said...

Babe na u dey rain oh!!! A whole 3 toasters and they didn't fight that day??
The year really flew by oh. i thot i would accomplish certain things before the end of the yr but.... I thank God for everything though.

LondonBuki said...

Good to know you had a beautiful b'day... LOL @ your toasters!!!

Those are wonderful wishes and prayers for all of us :-) Same to you and even more... all your heart's desires will be granted by the Almighty... B'day and Xmas and New Years present all rolled up in one... you wait and see :-)

Biodun said...

Amen to all the prayers,
lol @ the guys, cant wait to see d pics, so does this mean ur putting ur own pic up 2?

NaijaBloke said...

Hmmmm.. 3 toasters at ur birthday dinner ..HMMM ..U go wound o ..LOL

Nice to know u had a nice time .

zeyi said...

You are so right about this year. Someone once told me the older you get the more the year seems to pass by quickly. Very nice blog, enjoy reading. ;)

Unknown said...

The year has flown by indeed very, very fast!! Glad to hear you had fun on ur birthday. Are you trying to give us a hint? That ex's name is also wale? 3 toasters all to urself!! U r probably not interested in any of them thats why u allowed that kind of 'open policy' gathering. (smile) Looking forward to seeing the pictures!! Meanwhile - I know one Wale who mixes his tenses terribly also. Will definetely quiz him if he's chasing any "Temmy Tayo" LOL!!!

Naijadude said...

I asked the same question about the year as well. Well its gone, just gotta be waiting on the nexy year oh!

See your birthday couldnt have been better! 3 toasters for you ni kan tan? hmm!!