Tuesday 28 November 2006

That was a Tad Retarded of the Monkey(excuse me French)

I did not have such a good day yesterday. First i got into work and was summoned to a management meeting that the company i labour for tirelesly from 9 to 5 pm monday to friday has been bought by another company!

Yeah, good news it should be but the new owner wants to relocate the head office to Ireland. Are things that cheap in Ireland??? We were told yesterday that we are starting a 90 days consultation starting from the 1st of December and then we move into redundancy....

They also gave the options of anyone that wants to go to Ireland to apply. Ireland ko Norway ni. Imagine them shifting me out of my comfort zone and now asking me if i want to relocate to Ireland. Well, trust me now i told them i am willing to relocate if i will be promoted to the post of Head of HR. Imagine that kinda nasty news on a monday morning!!!!

I was jejely trying to make myself happy by reading all my favourite blogs when the RETARDED idit decided to post my full names on blogger. I send am message? Miguel said he was laughing at me cos i am guilty of the crime that i posted Tunde Odeyemi's name as well. If you ever read Tunde's blog, he sometimes say his full names which to me means he doesnt mind anyone knowing who he is. Dilichi and Adaure as well and i think smoothvibes also have their pictures on their blogs. I respect the fact that they can do that.Can you see now that i am not guilty Miggie??? I have not forgotten that i said i will beat you sha.

Anyways jare, after the unfortunate incident in the afternoon i went to M&S to order a cake for my birthday. Thou shall not allow redundancy to reduce my happiness.I got home and when i was talking to my father in heaven, i thanked HIM so much that if my manager heard me she would have cried. I cannot but thank HIM now,i so much believe that HE is going to take me to a PLACE(new job) better than what i am doing now. Can I hear a loud AMEN???

Taken out of office time to blog gotta go back. Dont want them to sack me cos i am sure they will be looking for every possible means not to pay me 1 month salary in advance. Thief Thief oyinbo people.LOL


I said it that these people are mad. I mean stark raving mad. Another memo now to say that salary wont be paid till the 29th of December. Whatever happens to buying xmas hampers and the xmas day turkey???

Can you see, really see how annoying they are. Trying to force me to go into depression with all their wahala. God dey o.

15 comments:

LondonBuki said...

FIRST!!!! Go Buki, it's your B'day!!! We gonna parry like it's you B'day.

LOL!!!

LondonBuki said...

Eyah... don't worry dear, God has his own plans for you :-)

I want CAKE!!! LOL!

temmy tayo said...

Thank you Buki. I am waiting patiently for HIS plans for me.

Funmi said...

I am sure something great is in store for you. So when are we leaving for spain? This friday will be serious :)

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I was listening to Bishop Nate Holcombs yesternight - He spoke of the attitude of gratitude which as I read this post you had in abundance - and even though you are faced with the potential FACT that you will be made redundant YOU know the TRUTH about God that He is your Jireh - and Jer 29 vs 11 - His great plans for you.

I am more inspired and Im glad to see that you are an example of whom a child of God should be. It is well.

Biodun said...

ok, why am I never first, its not fair, anyways so when is the party going down girl, I coulda chilled in Jand till then now, if u had given me advanced notice,lol
That is the corporate world for u, but wassup with payin y'all after xmas, pele

Miguel said...

Temmy its because of you i walk around with security details (my Guardian Angel and his posse)... your post reminds me of some friends back while i was in London, right about this time...they were working at a tele-marketing place... man these folks were using the company phone to call naija as in they even invited friends to call ...lol...three-way etc... anyway the company claimed to have been bought by a different firm and asked them to come back in a week for their pay check...lets just say a week later my peeps showed up only to find the office empty...no check..norring! If I were you, i'll take my sleeping bag and jus chill in the office building...lol

ok seriously... the louder your praise the greater your reward...always keep that in mind.

temmy tayo said...

@LOASCM: thank you jare my dearie. You need to know how much i need this encouragement.

@Biodun: ma binu shda told you that the parry is on a boat in Spain.Music supplied by Miguel.

@Miguel: when i am ready to beat you ehn....
Your friend was very lucky o. Me sef dey find work in a call centre environment for the free calls to Naija. This ones no get choice, i am ready to sue them if they delay my salary for one day. Huff Huff!

NaijaBloke said...

Iro ni o ... redundant ke .. well happened to me as well 2 yrs ago ..the company I was working for decided to move to another city ... I asked them the same question if they will be promoting me o ..

Dont worry God has a purpose for it jere,a better job is on the way.

Hope say u get black belt for jit-jitsu o if u r planning to beat Miggie..LOL

Teva said...

My darling, HE says the thoughts he has for us are thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give us a future and a hope.
So rest assured, he's got you covered!!!!

I hope match-making isnt the alternative business route you are considering....LOL

angie said...

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11.
GOD has wonderful and great lans concerning you, so start giving thanks.
Happy Birthday in advance, i will bring the palm wine for the party, just tell me how many gallon u need..lol

Eagle's Nest!!! said...

ehya, sorry TemmyTayo.

Such is the evil of capitalism but greater is He that is in you than the yeye company they are moving to Ireland. The experience shall culminate in promotions and better job offers in Jesus' name. Amen.

You could confront the challenges head-on by getting a business started. Self employed is the best way to go!!!!!

Happy Birthday in advance!!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

girl 2007 will bring a better year for all of us in Jesus' Name and I am already thanking God for the things he has already set in place...

there are some foolish ppl on blogger sha...ive had a run-in with 1 or 2

LOL@Miguel...camp in the office ke?...is not that deep...if necessary we will all donate...

Vera Ezimora said...

Don't worry chica, when one door closes, another will open. Stay strong. Happy Birthday. Can I get some cake too?

Btw, you've been tagged. Check my blog

DiAmOnD hawk said...

i am so sure i published a comment yesterday...

anyways Temmy...You are God's child...and your future is secure...