Friday 12 June 2009

NEPA oh! Please I am tired of the sound of the generator.....

So it is no gist that yours truly followed my heart/love to move back to my father land. But NEPA abi na PHCN???? Are they planning to frustrate me?? What have we done to deserve this from NEPA oh sorry PHCN in the Ikeja axis of lagos?

Why do we have to go for 3 days without light?
If dating a top PHCN oga will give us light I will gladly donate some babe in the neighbourhood who is a ''do it all''.

I can't even wear all my sexy night dresses thank to heat na to sleep naked and i end up feeling and looking like Iya Awero.I cant even cuddle up with boo in the heat, you know there is a difference between fan and AC now. The generator runs 24 hours! The noise from everybody's gen at night sef makes me feel I live in a quarry.... God, please save Nigeria.

Ehen jare on a lighter note, I noticed that it has been raining every friday night for the past 3 weeks and boo will still insisit on going out as usual. Is that he doesnt understand the ''term'' or ''act'' of rain? Rain means stay at home and play with your family. Until I start to raise nose na so the boy go dey iron shirt and look for shoes to nack. This men sef why do they feel that going out is the best way to relax after a long week. Imagine if I decide to hang out on a friday night too... I may just do it once or twice to drive home my message. The sad thing is I will just punish myself that day sha in all honesty. Going out is just not my thing, I'd rather stay at home and watch youruba movies, read city people, check facebook and then flip through the pages of mills and boon.

I am even thinking of doing something drastic,maybe I should....ok I won't.

Raining now, DSTV has gone off thanks to the rain so I cant even watch my fav Ellen Degeneres show. Boo is out, lil boo is sleeping. Facebook is dry, the generators are killing me with the noise.

The cycle continues.....

9 comments:

DiAmOnD hawk said...

pele...
i've heard about too much about this nepa/phcn...
this is really really terrible...
it's time to invest in solar energy...

The Activist said...

The noise of our gen plus our neighbour's is enough to get me mad but what can I do. Our light is now on from 6pm to 12noon n u want to try how many times they will take light in btw?

It's sad really....

temmy tayo said...

@Diamond: My love, thanks a bunch.

@Standtall: You are so right, we even have off days. The days we are meant to have light, they can take it like 30 times and seriously no exageration here o.

Woomie O! said...

hmmn. the curse of NEPA.
it won't get better, you just have to get used to it.

Tee~Blahnick said...

I enjoy reading your blog...I actually read each and every one of ur post yesterday..;)

Dedoyin said...

Sorry o. I can imagine your plight...Imagine, I heard we supply Ghana and they alwayas have light! aint that sad?

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Sweetie, living in darkness trully irks me. But in Nigeria (said in french accent) it seems its a way of Life. What can one do?

Can each state have their own power sturves that way by them proving constant light to the individual states the corrupted ones will be put to shame!!

yayi said...

pele o Ore....so sorry about the way NEPA is treating you. I think we really need to invest in Solar Energy like DH said...there are solar freezers here....why dont u look into that...at least you wont have to go get foodstuffs everyday. That is EXHAUSTING!!!

Unknown said...

we did not have light for 2 weeks. now i can't mention where i live or the FBIs on blogville will find out who i am. and we can't have that.

you love yoruba movies, you will love my beau just fine. his yoruba-ness is too much for me. i am one of those gals who grew up without speaking any nigerian language and thought it was cool.

nice blog there.