Sunday 11 March 2007

For The World's Greatest Mum

How have I been?

I have been through all the phases there are....
In the past weeks, I have been moody, I have been happy, I have been very happy, I have been sad, I have cried, I have felt so unloved, so lonely, so miserable. I have felt foolish, stupid and everything that you can imagine. I find myself in deep tears while praying. I find myself laughing out loud sometimes for no reason. Then I cry when I listen to some songs.

Never try listening to Toni Braxton when you are hurting and smarting from a breakup, you can as well just stab yourself and watch yourself bleed to death. lol. It wasn't easy but the time off was surely worth it.

Coming back today was basically because of my mum. It is mother's day todayin the UK and of cos I remember how strong she has been in the face of trouble, for me and for my siblings. Mummy, this is for you!


Mummies are the bum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you were 1 year old she fed and bathed you and the best way to thank her was by crying all night long.

When you were 2 she taught you to walk and you paid her back by running away when ever she called.

When you were 3 , she made all your meals with love but you thanked her by tossing your plate on the floor!

When you were 4, she gave you crayons but you thanked her by coloring the white sofa in the living room.

When you were 5, she got you all dressed up for that party but you thanked her by spilling drinks on it before the party.

When you were 6 she walked you to school, you thanked her by screaming ''I AM NOT GOING''.

When you were 7 she bought you a base ball, but well you thanked her by throwing it through the next door neighbour's window. Very cool....

When you were 8 she bought you ice cream, you thanked her by dripping it over your clothes.

When you were 9 she paid for your piano lessons, you thanked her by never even bothering to practice.

When you were 10 she drove you all day, from soccer to gymnastics and from one party to another. You thanked her by jumping outta the car and never looking back.

When you were 15, she came from work looking for a hug but you thanked her by locking your door.

When you were 20, she asked if you were seeing any one else but you thanked her by saying it is none of her business.

When you were 24 she met your fiance and asked about your plans for the future and you growled muuu-ther please.

When you were 25 she paid for your wedding , she cried and told you how deeply she loved you.You thanked her by moving halfway across the country.

When you were 30 she called with some advice in regard to the baby, you thanked her by saying that things a different now.

When you were 40 she called you to remind you of a relatives birthday but you thanked her by saying you were really ''busy''.

When you were 50 she fell ill, and needed you to take care of her, you thanked her reading out the burden that parents become to their children.

And then one day she quietly died and everything you never did came crashing down like thunder on you.

If she is still around, never forget to love her more than ever....
If she is passed on, never forget her love for you.

You can only have one mother in your life time........................


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I will blog more about my 20 days off blogger in a little while.

I missed you guys!

28 comments:

Azuka said...

Welcome back Temmy. Moms are the best!

omohemi Benson said...

Welcome,back Temmy we have missed you too.
Happy mothers' day.

naijabelle said...

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!
you are back.Missed you and would check ur blog from time to time to see if u've left a msg on ur last post.Just mention the day and fish peppersoup coming ur way.TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!

Cheetarah said...

Hey! Toni Braxton can kill you. the secrets album is the worst thing you could do to urself in times of pain, but I cant stop myself. I start with 'I love me some him' then move on to 'Why should I care' the You been rong!
Happy mothers day, and hope youve come tru ur pain!

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

yayyyyyyyyy shes back!!!
*tight hug* LOL.
Yes o, i love my mama, no be small.

LondonBuki said...

Welcome Back TemmyT!!!

Love this write-up. I'll be back to read more...

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there... thank God for them.

Take care.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! My egbon is back. I missed u. Happy mothers day to ur mum and all the beautiful moms out there.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

welcome back sweetie...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nice Post. How True. I know my own mum was long suffering and I didnt really reciprocate cos Daddy was my 'main man'. she used to tease me I loved Daddy more than her. Now I cant show her how much I love her cos she's no longer here.

God Bless all mommy's out there - Happy Mother's Day (belated) to you all.

Mrs Somebody said...

I miss my mum.I really miss her not being around.My kids ask about grandma all the time and I tell them she's in heaven.Happy mothers' day!Message to mummies all over.STAY ALIVE!!!Don't die on us now.........live till 4ever!

chidi said...

moms d word

BiMbyLaDs** said...

welcome back babe.. we mizzed u!!!!!

Simply Gorgeous said...

Welcome back Temmy. We missed you while you werew gone...

Abymbola said...

gud to have u bac,hp u doing well......

Miguel said...

welcome back Temmy...but let me warn you the next time you take off like that without EXEAT i will suspend you...warra mess.

LG said...

Nice to see you back. I hope all is better for you now.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

welcome back, its really been a while and hope all is well. Have a blessed week.

temmy tayo said...

@Azuka: Are you telling me, mummies r it.

@Omohemi benson: Thank you dearie

@LNC:Aight, since wey live not too far away from one another, i go come eat my peppersoup for ya end.

@Cheetarah: I hereby disown Toni from this minute. She made my life hell.

@Omosewa: Thanks sweet. A big hug from me too luvie.

@London Buki: Thanks. It is for all the sweet mummies out there.

temmy tayo said...

@Cherub: Aburo mi atata, i have missed u jare.

@Diamond: Thanks bunny.

@Calabar girl: Aawgh, pele dia. But I am sure she knew you loved her.

temmy tayo said...

@Mrs Somebody: Thanks madam.
Mothers should live forever.

@Chidi: u gerrit!

@bimbylads: hey, thanks. Fotos nko?

@SG: Ijust dey blush for here sha.

@abimbola:thnaks hun.

@Miguel: Promise no AWOL again.

@Littlegirllost:God is faithful, i know all will be well. Thanks.

@LOASCM: Thanks and you too

Eagle's Nest!!! said...

Welcome back, sister! And that was a thoughtful post on Mothers!

naijabelle said...

@ temmy, you are welcome to come and eat peppersoup.Just give your girl a call and i'll be fixing either fish or oxtail

Smoothvibes said...

Good to have u back.

Are mom's not just terrific!

Daddy's Girl said...

Wow, so great to have you back Temmy - we really missed you. Sounds like you have been through a lot - but glad you're fine. Love this post - mothers are wonderful. Thank God for mums.

temmy tayo said...

@Smoothvibes: Thanks babes.

@Daddy's girl: Mummies are it jare

zaiprincesa said...

welcome back Temmy. Hope all is well...

Vera Ezimora said...

Yes, mummies r tyhe bomb! Welcome back, sistah.

I have to say, for a while, I was scared that you were going to blog from one to fifty, without missing a beat. Imagine my gratitude when ten skipped to fifteen...whew. LOL

Welcome back!!

But r u goin back 2 ex? Pls do!!