Monday 19 February 2007

Strength of a Woman

The Strength of a woman:

Malachi 3:3 says: "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."
This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.

One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study. That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver. As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot; then she thought again about the verse that says: "He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver."She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined.

The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed. The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, "How do you know when the silver is fully refined?" He smiled at her and answered, "Oh, that's easy -- when I see my image in it"

If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has his eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you. Pass this on right now.

This very moment, someone needs to know that God is watching over them. And, whatever they're going through, they'll be a better person in the end.

"Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.

Oh by the way, I spent this weekend with HIM. And it was awesome. We talked at length about how much I have not trusted and believed HIM lately. Being the nice bloke that He is, he told me I am forgiven!

My half bottle of Moet as well, went down last night with fried rice. For those that know me so well, I am a good cook, the whole flat was just smelling like a 5 star hotel kitchen! I sure know how to enjoy my single life.

I am tired of that Tunde boy trying to come in between my new found love and I. For your info dude, Ayo sent me a love text yesterday.It says: Temmy, life will be incomplete without you, don't mind Tunde. He is just jealous!!! Jump into the river in PH for all I care my dear. Is it because I have not told you that I am actually using Ayo to get to you.lol

Biodun I have sent my email address, lets hook up before you to Naija. I am sure you will have fun.

Can somebody please tell me why some spineless idiots that call themselves men beat up their girlfriends!!

I am not going to blog about this but I think such creatures deserves death sentence preferably by hanging . A man that beats up a woman is not a MAN in my own dictionary, he is a fool.

24 comments:

LondonBuki said...

FIRST!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

temmy tayo said...

@BUki: do u know how many times i checked ur blog so I can be first, only for you to email T Minx. Lol

LondonBuki said...

Beautiful post :-)

I need to spend some time with HIM too, I think our relationship hasn't been fanstastic this year. It's good to know, he will forgive me :-)

Men beating up women, who are obviously not as strong - SO WRONG.
If only that could be explained!!!

LondonBuki said...

What???? LOL! Who told you I emailed TMinx?

Ha TemmyT, you must think I am jobless oh! I am offended :-(

LOL!

I don't even have email access on this client site sef. And NO I did not text her oh. 20p to say I have put up a post? Haba!

temmy tayo said...

@Buki: well, that is what i fink!!!!!!!!!

Don't be annoyed my darling!!

Miguel said...

Temmy...now that was a powerful message...

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

your message got me thinking - it is always good to show ho God's word apply to one's life. And trying to understand whatever is happeneing to you is for you own good.

The Lord is good.

Smoothvibes said...

Lovely post!... Definately ministered to me.

Thanks for sharing.

temmy tayo said...

@Smoothvibes: what is wrong with your blog.

Doro said...

WORD!!!

thanks for sharing this, i feel really refreshed.

you ask why some guys beat their girlfriends, i wonder what those ladies are still doing with them.

if women learn to value themselves and walk away from such relationships, the guys will probably learn how to treat women.

temmy tayo said...

@Shola: you are very right. Why stay in a relationship with a spineless idiot that can not beat up a fellow man.

Thanks for stopping by o jare.

Simply Gorgeous said...

I think that your post was very uplifting and it truly has made my day.

Moments said...

Hey Girl... you've been wondering who I am for a little while now esp cos I used to leave anon. comments, well I got me my own blog now. So this is an invite to you :-)

www.treasurethemoments.blogspot.com

Hope to see you soon.

Favoured Girl said...

I got this message in my inbox too. Nice one Temmy! And true, any man that beats up his woman deserves to be hanged.

(Hey since you are organising meetings with Biodun, maybe we can hook up?)

Teva said...

stalk and ye shall be stalked,
LOL

DiAmOnD hawk said...

wow Temmy...i love this post...infact may repost it on my blog sef...you and buki are funny...yes even me i was suspecting that somn was going on b2n tminx and her...so now uve confirmed it....

as for men beating up their women...definitely a no no...infact my dad has said he would deal seriously with any man that even THINKS it when it comes to me...

Vera Ezimora said...

That's very encouraging, Temmy. I'm glad God is watching over me. Can I have some of ur moet, please?

Anonymous said...

that was very inspirational.. the silversmith story... i don't even want to start talkin about what i think about men who beat females up... or women who beat men up for that matter just because they're the 'weaker sex'... i've seen and heard too many horror stories

TMinx said...

WE DO NOT DO THAT lollll you guys are funny. Its just her luck oh. Loved this post Temmy.

Biodun said...

@ Temmy, I sent an e-mail to you.
I dont get how guys beat their girls sha, like how daft is that!!
SO u ate frice with ur moet, lol

Delilah 3 said...

Its good to hear you talk like a Christian. Stop drinking that Moet o. I have got the flu girl so you berra give me a call.Cowboy is nowhere to be seen so I am on my own. I have not eaten in two days!
I hope HE doesnt give me a knock on my head sometime soon but it is good to know that HE will forgive me. love da post but love you more.

Confused Naija Girl said...

aww uplifting post! I am glsd things are working out with him. about the man beating a woman because she is weaker. May God forgive them.

omohemi Benson said...

Thanks for this truly inspiring post.

I am blessed.

Can you teach me how to cook as good as you,I need a cooking crash course.

Has for the idiots(not men) who beats their women,they have deep seated issues.
I don't get me started.

Jennifer A. said...

I wonder why they beat women...its still amazing me...

Lolll..hmm...may Tunde not jump into the PH river...

Everytime I read abt the process of clay passing through the refiner's fire, it just makes so much sense...