Tuesday 13 February 2007

It is all about love today

Today,
I remember:
Our first kiss,

Our first dinner date,
The first party we went to,
The first wedding we attended together,
The first church service we both went to,
The first New Year we spent together,
The first card he gave to me,
The first gift i got on our first valentine together,
The first time i slept over at his place.


I remember the way I cried when he was posted to Akwa Ibom and I was posted to Yobe for NYSC.
I remember that I nearly killed my mum to have both of us redeployed to Abuja.
I remember how I jumped on him after NYSC.He came to check me in Abuja like 4 times and I never stepped Akwa-Ibom.
Today, I remember how my heart flips each time i receive a text message from him.
I remember the day he introduced me to his mum and two weeks later his sisters, oh my! They were fussing over me. I don't blame them now, I am an angel and people come across angels once in a life time.

I remember:

The expression on his face when I said i was going to see if i can date him way back in 2001,
The expression on his face when I eventually agreed was priceless,
The expression on his face the first time i swore at someone,
The expression on his face the first day I had a nasty menstrual cramp,
The expression on his face the day I fainted in church and was rushed to the clinic.
The expression on his face the day i was leaving Nigeria to come to the UK, we knew i was going to be away for at least a year and half. I ran back after 6 months tho.

I, remember the expression on his face when i said NO I can't possibly marry you. Not after his betrayal of trust.

I remember what he told me the night of the 14th of January: I have done everything possible to let you know that I love you and I am sorry I hurt you. If you are meant for me, I believe you will come back to me.

I remember today that i was once hopelessly in love with him.
I remember today that I have not met any guy I can compare to/with him.

Today I feel so much in love.

Yeah, that is it!

And Of Cos:
Happy Birthday to my lovies:

Gbenga (my cousin)
Jerry Boy.

19 comments:

TMinx said...

Happy Valemtines day!!!! Songs updated. Links fixed...come down and let DJ Valentins soothe you :)

LondonBuki said...

Eyah, it hasn't been easy for you these past few months sha...

LondonBuki said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

DJ Valentine is RAZZ sha! LOL!!!

Abymbola said...

darl,so tell me,r u still with him?
PS:Happy vals day!

naijabelle said...

Happy valentines day! I almost cried at your expressions and how you feel and how he feels towards you.You guys have been through a lot together and i pray that you guys can work things out and live happily ever after

angie said...

Pele!!!
You certainly are still hooked on him....I am sure he is feeling the same too(he berra be!!!)
so wat made u faint in church....lol

Vera Ezimora said...

Temmy Tayo, can I just point out that the day he said you will come back to him was my birthday - jan 14th. Now what does that prove? He's the one girl!!! Anything said or done on Jan 14th is written in stone... abi you never hear.

Temmy, please go back 2 him. Pleeeeaaaassseee. I'm in love with him 4 u sef. C'mon don't let him go, please.

Vera Ezimora said...

I had 2 come back again 2 beg. Please, don't let him go, Temmy. He made a mistake; he's sorry and I'm sure he will do anything 2 take it back. He's a man and men are not the smartest people on earth (and any man reading this should just shut up and send all concerns to kiss-my-ass@RealGood.com)

Temmy, seriously, I know I joke a lot, but don't u wanna give him another chance? I don't know him, but I feel like I can feel his pain and regret. Forgive him, please.

temmy tayo said...

@T-Minx: Thank you Miss DJ

@LondonBuki: My dear, it has not.

@abimbola's notes: we are not hun.

@londonnaijachic: na so we see am
@angie: it was typhoid fever that made me faint.

@Vera: you always crack me up babes.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Happy Vals to you too temmy. If only. So much has happened. I just pray that you'll make a decision very soon. Have a blessed day and week.

Miguel said...

So after you spent so much Iya charlie going to Nigeria, you couldn't find any eligible bachelor? You should call up the airline you used and request for a refund!

Seriously Temmy...I trust you've prayed about your decision and you've found peace within yourself...don't let the fact it seems no one else measures up to him sway your convictions... in due season, God will give you or confirm what is truly yours...learn that words of man are mere words but that of the Lord is the standard on which to stand on...I trust you'll be well ...

Daddy's Girl said...

Wow, this is deep - and beautiful. I think that although your love has changed, it's may be even stronger and truer than it was before 'it' happened. Keep trusting God and by His grace you'll make the right choice. I wish you all the best. Happy Valentine's Day!

Jayla. said...

Happy Valentine's day babe. I can imagine what u feel cos am goin thru similar situation..........

Love is tolerant and like vera said, men aint d smartest things on earth.......pshew, d amount of blonde moments dey have are unbelieveable!!!

Babs said...

WoW! thats a lot of remembrance. I'm sure a deeper part of you knows what to do. Do that and nothing else

Favoured Girl said...

Hmmm, there is the love that never leaves us. It stays in our memories and keeps tugging at our hearts. Then there is the love that never hurts us. Happy Valentine's day dearie.

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine Day to you my dear. May the deepest and innermost desires of ur heart be granted in Jesus name. Amen.

mochafella said...

err, what year were you in Yobe?

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Happy V-day!!!

Keep praying Sis Temmy.

BiMbyLaDs** said...

happy vals day love.. im lost on this thread.. let me rewind.. ill be back with advice on the bloke..