Friday 19 January 2007

RANTINGS

For lack of what to title today's post let us just say rantings. I have been quite busy since I came in. Started work today, grudgingly. I just wish I have enough money to sustain me for the next 2 months, I would have just gone to Dubai, sunbathing, shopping, eating , sleeping and so on. You don't need to say it I know i am VAIN!

Ehen jare, to the blogs ville ladies, have you an idea the kind of cream to use for stretch marks? I have tried using Cocoa Butter, na so so black I just dey black. I am one of the privileged few with a backside to die for which of cos means that a few stretch marks here and there. Someone suggested Bio Oil, have been using that but no difference. Well, maybe I need to be a little patient cos I just started using that when I was in Nigeria. You know how it is with Nigerians we like instant results, quick money, pass exams without even entering exam room, e.t.c.

As for you VERA: time just dey start now. When did I leave Naija, abeg make the boy try impress me small jare. To be honest, I told my mum yesterday night that I am giving LOVE a break. Told Ex as well that we can start from being friends again. Love I have learnt makes things really complex, God knows that I can do without any complexities in my life right now.

TEMMY'S THEORY:

You know you are in love when you think life can never be the same with the person away from you. I don't feel that way now.

You know you are in love when you know that you can trust your partner without any moment of doubt. I doubt if I can trust him again.

You know you are in love when you get on the plane taking you to another continent and you cry your eyes out until cabin crew thinks you are crazy. I didn't shed a single tear.

You know you are in love when your heart skips a beat when you see his/her number on your phone at 5 am calling to say good morning. When I see his number now, I put phone on silent and go back to sleep.

You know you are in love when you can't say a word of prayer without remembering your partner. The last time I prayed for him was January 1st cos we went to church together.

Bottom line is I think I am in love with love.(am i making any sense, maybe not. I am confused... no!, i am not).

Alright, TIME WILL TELL.

Sensitive Topic:

One of my friends that came here to study has fallen in love with the UK and wants to stay back. She was given different forms of advice from people. She though of sticking to one of them which is: Marry an EU citizen for papers. She of cos will pay the guy for the deal, honestly i do not understand the whole thing.

Anyways, when she told me about it I said to her I do not support the idea mainly because she has to marry the guy in a church! Do you think God will be happy that you are getting married in a church and it is all because of papers. Won't he be angry, I mean well people say in a strange man's land you have o struggle to survive. But isn't this going too far?

I know people do it and get away with it. I told my friend that what if God said that na only once you go marry for your life, and you marry someone that you don't even know anything about and the heavens put a seal on it. When it is time for you to marry and husband no surface, if you start to pray the angels carrying your prayers might tell God that:haba Baba God, this girl got married a while back why is she stressing us.

I think my imagination runs too wild. It is just how I feel. Abeg,wetin una think. My friend is as confused as I am.

18 comments:

Azuka said...

Welcome back.

I feel you on the trust thing. Without it there can be no love...

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

How many times have I heard that done. But you know what many still get away with it. She can try and find a job that will give her a work permit to work here, or apply to british embassey in nija for holiday maker work permit, which allows her to work in the UK. apart from that I dont know again. I might ask my lawyer friend what her options her??

so the Love has finished. Nne u are not the only one who is inlove with the idea of being inlove. Infact my friend told me that once a long time agao, and I was going to bit his head off. And after a while, Ive realised its true. Just be prayerful

that prayer one I dont know, I still pray for all of my frinds guys or not, but Im not inlove with them. LOL.

Have a good weekend.

angie said...

Well Babe its good to take ur time, cos what eva decision u make u r going to live wit it for the rest of ur life!!!so this Dubai trip, were u dreaming of going there alone(wink***)
Seeing that i m not one interested in trying to get citizenship in another man's country i dont think i shld say anytin. but in a way i agree wit u, i dont like the idea of getting married twice even if the 1st reason is for papers. cos to me the 2nd husband will neva be ur real husband since u have already bin married before.

Funmi said...

are u serious? dang i didn't know people actually did the church gig as well (even though both parties are just in it for the papers)


I am sure there are other avenues your friend can use. Getting married in the name of sorting herself out isn't always the best option. U mentioned she was a student right? is she based in the u.k? if she is, there are other options besides getting married....

I will get around to updating this weekend (thanks for the reminder)

Daddy's Girl said...

Hmmm... I like this... you are being honest with yourself and thinking things through - as long as you continue to do that and to pray and trust God to lead you, I'm sure you will be just fine in the love arena.

I personally think the marriage for papers thing is wrong and would discourage anyone from doing it. I can definitely understand its appeal, and like you said lot of people do get away with it, but I wouldn't do it. Apart from the holidaymaker work thingy, which TLOASCM has already mentioned, I unfortunately dont have any other advice...

feefey said...

yea i totally feel u mehn, and i can understand why u cant give a positive reply. any way if u decide to say yes jus call us to come and eat rice...lol

naijabelle said...

Once the trust is gone, its hard to get it back and am sure he is probably working on it and am sure with time, you would get to the place where you can trust him again.
I used bio-oil and it worked like magic.u'll have to be patient though.Enjoy ur weekend!

Smoothvibes said...

Pls.. taking ur time to "fall back in Love'.. Just don't take forever! lol.

Emm this ur friend .. odikwa risky oh!...Isn't she able to get a job that'll file for her without getting married. You said she's a graduate right?

PPl marry for different reasons.. like you said. He might just be THE ONE... and this might just be her own reason!

Smoothvibes said...

oops!.. did I just say taking. lol... I meant TAKE!

Adura O. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eagle's Nest!!! said...

"You know you are in love when you get on the plane taking you to another continent and you cry your eyes out until cabin crew thinks you are crazy. I didn't shed a single tear." Hi Temmy, the above quoted comment about love is so true. I could remember how I wept for 16hrs on board KLM airline enroute Lagos-Amsterdam-New York. I wept my eyes sore because I was in love.

Coral said...

Oh, the L-word, the L-word, the L-word ***sigh***

Temmy-thanks for the Birthday wishes. Nice of ya.

Gramps said...

There is a scheme called HSMP - Highly Skilled Migrant Program. A lot of Nigerians use it to migrate to the UK to work. Those who are currently in the UK can also file for it. Go to this http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk and search for HSMP.

Your friend should not marry to stay back in the UK. Other people do it, yes, but have people bothered to find out how their stories ended? Besides, your friend will simply be buttressing the image UK has of Nigerians which is why they give us a hard time at their embassies and port of entry.

Vera Ezimora said...

I don't agree with Azuka. There can be love without trust; the relationship just won't get to it's highest potential.

I totally understand what you're saying about being in love with love. It happens. You like the idea of being in love; you love all that comes with being in love, but you're not in the place where you feel all those things. Yeap, I gat u.

Take all the time u need, but don't keep me waiting. You know I like him!

Vera Ezimora said...

Oh, I forgot 2 comment about the papers thingy.

It's a complex situation, but I'm hoping God forgives us for sins like this...just like he forgives us for premarital sex, lies, betrayal, gossip, etc.

She should just be careful. I hope he does not demand sex from her; that would be the "HELL NO!" for me.

LondonBuki said...

It is really hard to trust someone who has broken your trust... I wish you all the best in your love life dear.

Marriage for papers - Loads of people see it as a last resort, sometimes I can't say I blame them.
Your friend should be careful whatever she decides to do, she should think LONG and HARD!

UnNaked Soul said...

cause and effect... it is a nature's arithmetic... God has nothing to do with her decision, so leave him out... Your friend should just make sure she's ready to accept the effect of her cause... doing it or not doing it... isn't life just funk! LOL

am with you o jare... am in love with love... at least it is safer, shebi? lol

blog blog on.

Linkachild Admin said...

Wow.. were does one start with this....

Well, I'll try..
Stretch marks...try Vitamin E oil (concentrate)

Temmy ... in my humble opinion you have not described love girl. Those are feeling that may indicate love, but not love.
... I would say love your partner but trust God. (He is forever faithful)
....I think you answered it well ... you are in love with love..love is when you can still love deeply even if you don feel the butterflies in your stomach ... Love is choice.

You choose to love or you don't ... cos all the things you have listed do not sustain a relationship..

bye.. :)