Wednesday 8 November 2006

Random Musings

Moments To Remember:

Got thinking about some moments I would love to hold on to for life, na in I kon remember the day I celebrated my 10th birthday. I did not actually celebrate because my mom said that my birthday falling on a weekday means no celebration till the weekend after. Good deal I thought at first, she gave me chinchin and drinks to take to school to share with my classmate. Unfortunately for me , my sister and I share the same birthday. She did not get any chinchin to take to school because she wasn't 10 yet! Alright, we got to school and my sister started crying and knowing that I hate tears I let go of my goodies so my sister could celebrate her 6th birthday. Weekend came and no birthday o. Mum said shebi I gave you chinchin and drinks to share with your mates in school.......

I remember the day I met my first boyfriend: I was in Uni and so naive. He was a year ahead of me and much more matured. I was so attracted to him that it was like a disease in my system. We were in the same faculty and I used to dread us meeting in school because I couldn't even look him in the face. He was so gentle with me, always teasing me and calling me shy baby. If you think that is love then I am sure we need to have your head checked. That is total infatuation! One semester later the feelings died off and I decided to grow up, I boned every guy that came my way till I met Ex.

I remember the first day I met Ex.... uhmn. If anybody told me I was ever going to like him not to talk of date him and eventually love him I would killed the person with a kitchen knife. He is not the kinda guy I ''trip'' for. He is 6''1 and moi as londonbuki called me is a compact lady. I am just 5''5 if you call me short I will cry o I am what you call cute.Lol. I have never made the mistake of liking a giant, I prefer them my size and height so I can bully them! yeah, I have the bully streak in me.
You all know the story, I fell hook line and sinker and dated Ex for 5 years.

I remember my first day in Yobe State for NYSC. I cried buckets on my way from Abuja to Yobe, I met another babe on the bus I took to Yobe we were both ''ajebota'' dreading what lies ahead of us. In the cold chill of January, Yobe was freezing, flies were every where, you dare not laugh with your mouth too wide, or else you don chop flies be dat o. How I survived the 3 weeks orientation ehn,na only God know. I called mumsie everyday until she stopped picking my calls and decided to get me relocated to Abuja. Bless her soul for that, cos I threatened her that I heard the locals there rape corpers. Kia kia my mama spoke to the DG NYSC. Speed, found myself in the comfort of my home.

I remember the day I fainted in my community development group during NYSC. I did not know I already had typhoid no thanks to my stay in Yobe. I was always feeling weak and dizzy but never gave it a thought it could be malaria not to talk of typhoid. I was blaming stress. One good day, we were having a meeting and then I started feeling faint, I tapped the lady beside me and told her to help me mark attendance as I had to go home. I stood up and the next thing I remember was finding myself in the hospital.

As if that was not enough, after 2 weeks bed rest and enough pampering from Ex and the family I disgraced everybody in church a week after by fainting again during the holy communion. Dad just totally believed that I was pregnant. You need to see his face when he ordered my brother and my sister to take me to the hospital. We got to the hospital and the doc told my egbons to leave us alone I am sure the monkey thought I was pregnant. My sister started laughing and said to the doctor she is not pregnant. Doc said how sure are you. She replied very sure, we all started laughing.

To be continued... if you read this you have been tagged. Let us know moments that you remember vividly.

1 comment:

Favoured Girl said...

Hi, it's my first time on your blog and I saw this. The last paragraph made me laugh out loud. I can just imagine someone fainting in church during holy communion! And your dad thinking you were pregnant! Tee hee.