Monday 4 September 2006

I am not a super woman!

My weekend wasn't good i am not going to lie. I cried buckets. I stayed in,didnt go to church, just crying.I thought love was meant to be forever. I decided to roll my heart down memory lane: I began to remember; the first day we met: i went with my friend that got married few blogs back to say hi to one guy that was so much on my case in Uni. He has been to the hostel a few times but i never just went to check on him. It was a saturday and we were bored,my friend and I decided to stroll down to his hostel.
As we were about entering the hostel, we saw him go through the other exit. We decided not to call him,not like i wanted to see him anyways.
I can remember vividly,we entered his room and met two guys playing chess. That was the day i first saw HIM. I felt this connection instantly,we talked and he made me laugh a lot that day. We did not see again for 3 months....

One sunny afternoon after a hard day's lecture another close friend of mine lets call her fofo,started shouting my name from outside.I have found your dream guy, i laughed and said in your dreams. Who is this guy that has swept fofo off her feet cos she was so excited. Lo and behold when she told me i was shocked. Same guyof 3 months ago. He will be coming to see you later today o,please dont be nasty to him cos i know how bitchy you can be temmy.

I felt so weak in the knees that evening when he walked into my room.That was the begining of the 5 years roller coaster. It was fun,it was full of love. We planned the names to give our 2 kids. Where we were going to live as we both detest the hustle and bustle of lagos, we decided Abuja is the perfect place.Honey moon was going to be in Dubai(cos i never stopped talking about Dubai,the guy had to agree by force). It was full of mystery until i came to the UK. The beginning of the woes........You know the rest.
Then his best friend sent this to me today:

Dear,
If someone hurts you, betrays you , or breaks your heart, forgive them. For they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to who you open your heart to. If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because they are teaching you to love and opening your heart and eyes to things you would have never seen or felt without them. Always learn from every situation and you will surely succeed.

I seriously have learnt a lot. I am not a super woman, i am hurting.My heart bleeds, but i am overwhelmed at the various words of encouragement from you guys. You have all helpmed me move on. I promise no more sad love story on this blog page till someone new comes up. Enough!

Meanwhile,on a final note. Ex is coming to the UK on thursday to beg me(so i heard). But since i promised no more sad love blog, you wont be able to hear the outcome. Lets concentrate on talking about football and politics. My two favourite subjects.
Thanks friends!

No comments: