Monday 24 August 2009

I married a VAIN man.......

My husband is just different and maybe that is why we will forever be in love(amen).He is just very vain. I don't think that I have ever met someone that is so conscious of looks and other vain stuffs like him. Haba, his own is too much.

1. He doesn't like to see me in flat shoes. Anytime i do that it is just like I just twisted a knife through his fragile heart. You need to understand me on this, his face completely changes to something else. Like someone in serious pain. Me, I am flatie. I love my slippers like mad,why wear heels when I will limp for days from the after effect. I am a short woman oh but abeg, heels are for the likes of Posh and VERA EZIMORA.

2.When i fix weave on as we call it in Naija, it must have either a fringe or some dropping to the sides. I MUST on no account pack my hair behind my ears. To all women out there, can you please explain to my boo that we have what is called hot weather,I mean a season where people actually feel the heat!!!!

3. Oh,when yours truly wears pink, hubby expects me to use pink eye shadow. I mean the colours gast to match the outfit. He goes ''don't you have the shade in your eye make up bag'' sometimes just feel like screaming! There are days I just want to be bare faced, no make up. But hell no, he wont agree.

4. Mr O is a sucker for lip gloss. He doesn't like lipsticks. He can do anything for a woman with lip gloss. Imagine that. I am more of a lipstick person but he is always shouting please use the one that ''shines'' on your lips!

5. Moi, does not like to show cleavage in my outfits. Him, he wants me to show the whole world my two mudu of breasts oh. I don tire.

6. He is a sucker for labels. When I used to work on the Island, I always have to leave the house before him so he always has enough time to assess my dressing. You hear things like ''why don't you carry your Gucci bag,it will go well with that outfit''. Or, you should use a ferragamo belt on that pants. Kai, chineke! Vanity of the highest order.

7. I think I have blogged about the issue of food as in there are days that I do not know what to cook apart from rice, amala and pasta. (I suck abi, i know). So imagine that I call boo to ask him what to cook. He goes I really feel like roasted potatoes with fish fillet or some odd names that I sure know I cannot prepare. Why cant he ever say I want ogi(pap) and moin moin.

His vanity has actually helped me in a way. I am more conscious of the way I eat in public, seat, pack my hair and in fact drive my car sef. Biko, MR O you no get Part 2. But I love you anyhow.

13 comments:

DiAmOnD hawk said...

LOL
you sef... i figured ppl who were short loved wearing heels...
your husband is funny!
maybe you too should come up with your own criteria and suggestions...
anyhoo... hope you're good.

Blessing said...

awww...that's cute. My bf is very simliar...wat can we do? but love them for who they are! At least he's askin u to look good for his sake and urs, so by God's grace he won't look elsewhere...Amen ooo!

Anonymous said...

common girl, please tell me you are joking. did he just get back from yankee or jand?

Anonymous said...

Biko..he should allow you jo! lol..but he's attentive which is good!

NaijaBloke said...

lolol..... no blame the guy now ...he wants ppl to look at u and admire his handiwork ni now ...lol

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! interesting...me thinks its very cute that he is like that na...every man wants his woman to be desirable, his true centerpiece

Vera Ezimora said...

LOL @ heels being for me. I do love my heels. No kidding.

Babe, your hubby is a good man. He's tryna make you look the way he wants you to look (instead of going out there and looking @ women that fit that description). Having a man like him would make you very conscious of the way you look. And that, my dear, is a very beautiful thing.

Now, do you have any heels you wanna throw my way?

downtheaisle said...

he!!he!!!he!!!!, I can't stop laughing o....

Myne said...

It's good to appreciate our differences, but don't lose yourself too.

temmy tayo said...

@all; you all cracked me up.will be back to reply individually.

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

totally love him!!! walahi i dnt know sometimes i feel like flats make me walk funny, so in spite of being 6ft im still in heels everyday o!! lol.

im in support of ur hubby jare!

aloted said...

loved this post!!!

we are similar..thank God for Baale in my life...i dress better and act better...

so how far with the food list?? hope u don add to the list..so Mr O wont start eating outside..

Buttercup said...

Hahahaha! Wow..