Tuesday 16 January 2007

I AM BACK

Yippee.....

I am back in the UK. I came in last night. I slept all through the flight cos I had so much to do Sunday night. I had a mini conference with my parents and EX. He told my parents his version of the story and apologised to both of them for hurting their baby. My father warned us about the dangers of lack of trust in a relationship/marriage. Ex later told my dad that he wants us to get married in SEPTEMBER.

My dad asked him if he already made his intentions known to me as they have no final say on whoever i choose to spend the rest of my life with.

He was going to ask me in the presence of my parents but my mum stopped him and said: O.A you have to be romantic now, take her somewhere you know she loves and ask her again. I am sure she will agree. All the while I was just looking from one person to the other. My mind was in a great turmoil, my eyes heavy from tears I refuse to shed. I kept wondering if my most favourite people in the world are even thinking about HOW I FEEL. By the time they were ready to listen to me. All I could say was: I NEED TIME.

I need time to see if things can be the same again. My mum wants me to stay back in Nigeria so that we can work things out. I refused on the grounds that if I was married to him and i was posted on a foreign assignment will my husband look for someone else to warm his bed for that season.

IF EX can wait till I am ready to come back home all well and good. I didn't tell my parents how difficult it was for me to come to that conclusion tho. To be honest I STILL VERY MUCH LOVE HIM. Not with all the trips I had in Nigeria. All the feed me I feed you theory. Shey the boy was just treating me like a lost diamond that was just found.

I did my best to enjoy the moments jare. Sunday night after the meeting, he suggested going on a drive around Abuja. It was fun, it reminded me of when we first met at Uni. Always in each other's company, acting like love struck idiots all over the campus. We teased ourselves endlessly about how we have both grown over the years, he had some pictures i took in Uni in his wallets. Chineke, i no try way back o. Very skinny little thing, I am still wondering what the boy saw in me then.

I am so tempted to post some of the pictures but then HE will kill me if he ever finds out that I have a blog not to talk of talking about him on the blog.

I missed out on December sales. My sister bought about 5 pairs of shoes at ridiculous prices it is a pity that i wear a size 6, i for steal a pair or two. I have to hit the stores tomorrow, I may be lucky.

I still feel knackered jare. I need to sleep some more.

Time will really tell if HE is the one. In fact I still want him to show me what LOVE is all about. Show me a girl that doesn't want to be shown what love means.

29 comments:

angie said...

This reali is like one of those M&B stories.
I was just smiling while i was reading. I hope everytin works out fine for u, cos girl u deserve the very best!!!
so do u miss Naija

angie said...

But i hav to giv it to Ex, he knows his game..putting u on the spot infront of ur parents, that is soooo wonderful...lol. But reali u guys sound so wonderful together, it is obvious u love him and he feels the same way.i know its not eazy to forgive esp hurts like this. Hope he has learnt from his mistake oh!
Abeg don't forget to send my IV in sept oh.so wat is the color of ur aso-ebi??lol

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

aww temmy, you know I LOVE a good love story, but I just pray that it is a Love story from God. I don't know If Im supposed to be excited - Im holding myself now. If you are excited, Im excited too. If only he didnt.....And I love his style, asking you infront of your parents, knowing that if your paents approve its only a matter of time, and parents are slways right..so to speak. TEMMYLICIOUS...baby..U did good. Lets pray that is it the Will of God, and EX is defo the guy for you.

I will keep you in my prayers so. Dont forget my Invitation. Correct. Thats ony when you agree.

TMinx said...

I will plan your bridal shower oh! All female bloggers invited in september!

temmy tayo said...

@Angie: I know i deserve the best afterall i have to live with my decisions for the rest of my life now.

Smoothvibes said...

sniff sniff!..... Temmy is getting married~!

Emm TMINX... where's the shower @?

NaijaBloke said...

Agidi po!!!

Me I am on Ex's team big time and lemme just let u know now.I need my IV as soon as it comes out,cos u know we have to always plan for a vacation over here.

Daddy's Girl said...

Awww... this was moving to read. It's not easy giving things a second try, but it's worth it if he is the one for you. Girl, take your time and continue to trust your instincts. I really pray you make the right decision. God bless you dear.

ThatGirl said...

madam temmy, welcome back. its clear u had fun eh. pls pray about the ex cos i know God has the best answers.

naijabelle said...

Good luck! Hope you find and get what u want.

Bella Naija said...

WOW
All i have to say is to continue to PRAY seriously about the issue.
Think of all the things that made u guys break up the last time...have they been resolved?
Once u r happy (since ur parents already approve) then u guys take it from there.
Good luck~

Congrats...

Favoured Girl said...

Babe it sounds like you had a fun time in Nig o. But you've got some serious thinking and praying to do. I really hope things work out for you, but above all, you need to be at peace with whatever decision you make. All the best sweetie.

KemiMamaLopes said...

Hi Temi, take your time and think only about you and how you feel. Selfish I know but no one else is going to experience all you will in this relationship and are therefore not qualified to tell you what to do. Do not be pressured. Ape ko to jeun, ko ni je ibaje. One who takes time to eat will not eat bad thing. Excuse my translation! Take your time :)

Biodun said...

Wow, he came n saw ur parents n all, okk I am really impressed o, big time too, I must say. BUT its all up 2 u girl, its ur life n u have 2 make that decision, God will guide u in making the right decision for YOU, cos ur happiness is truly all that matters!! and yeah welcome back 2 London!!

Vera Ezimora said...

Awwwww, see, I have always known you still got a thing 4 him. But of course you do sha. You cannot just forget about someone that you've shared a life with for so long.

Think about it Babe. It's your decision to make; you're the one who will have to live with him forever.

Wish you the best of luck.

Funmi said...

wow!u definately need some 'temmy time' to do some deep thinking. I pray God directs you. Just remember that His gift is perfect with no added sorrow.

Glad you had a blast in naija.

Kunta said...

Ore, this is a beautiful development considering the fact that you two something good going on but... think it thru' (roo daadaa) before you say nothing,... then think again.
You know you are my person so what you choose do, that i'll respect.
Oluwa a koo mo se o.


PS: BY.. mi nko? :)

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I think Im stalking your blog, Ive been on it so many time today its rediculous. Have a blessed week.

Anonymous said...

Time.will.really.tell.

well said.

Please pray about this...do not feel pressured!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think time will tell.. i really hope you make the right decision.. but do keep in mind though.. sometimes people make mistakes babe.. i understand it was a big one.. but if you look in his eyes and you can tell that he means it when he says he's sorry and that he wouldn't do it again... then that's that... but if you're in doubt.. don't make the leap yet.

I wish you happiness babe.. whether it's with him or not... only time will tell

Anonymous said...

oh by the way.. welcome back sunshine

temmy tayo said...

@T-Minx: thnak God i dont have to pay for a wedding planner. lol

@Naija Bloke: Agidi ke? Na so e easy?

@Smooth vibes: be sure u will be on the train whoever i choose to marry.

@LOASCM:Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. I need it more than anything.

@Daddy's girl:I pray to make the right decision.

@Zioner: thanks!

@OLuwafeyikemi: thanks hun,may God answer ur prayers too.

@Bella Naija: I am seriously thinking about them. I am. Thanks anyways.

@Favoured girl:I had a blast in Niaja o, now doubts about that.

@kEMI: THINKING ABOUT MY SELF IS NOT SELFISH after all i have to live with my decisions.

@Biodun: thnaks hun. Mom and dad are feeling cool, 2 daughters to marry in one year.

@Omolabake: dearie, I have no choice but to take my time.

@Vera: my lovely Veralicious, it has been difficult erasing the good memories ni jare. But like I said, time will tell.

@Funmi: thanks jare.

@Oro: if this is who i think it is, ur BYC dey inside my room o.

@Belle: Time will tell.

@OWNB: thanks sweetie.

Teva said...

Temmy darling, dont you see that you should be taking me more seriously now??, see i predicted a Spring or Autum wedding..well, here we are today.
Sweetie, this whole thing is between YOU, YOURSELF and GOD.
ITs time to decide babes...

Vera Ezimora said...

Has time told you yet? Are you getting back with him yet?

What about now?

What about now??

What about now???

Now??????

Alright, I'll come back 2 check

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Egbon mi to fine. What's up? Welcome back from Naija. I pray that God will help you to know his will concerning getting back with the EX, the wisdom to build and the understanding to establish his will in ur life- Amen.

Corri S. said...

Wow....!

Awww....I'm sure you have a lot to process. BTW..Did he ever bother to explain why he brought along a date when you guys went to the movies?

You have "our" support in whatever you decide.

Anonymous said...

temmy, just take ur time.. think deeply and check if he really is the guy for u....I wish u well in life, and please send ur invite to all of us in "bloggywood"

pinokio said...

hello temmy. read ur comment on my brothers blog.do we know each other? anyways i guess i'll be needing some of ur love lesons and advice to sort me out.lol. ayo

temmy tayo said...

@Pinokio: AYO!!!!!!!!!!

We went round town to buy sneakers for ur bro b4 i left for Naija in 2005. Rmber now?